SourceGear wants to add my built dlls to version control

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MichaelPedersen

SourceGear wants to add my built dlls to version control

Post by MichaelPedersen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:18 am

Hey there,

I'm currently using VS2008 and SourceGear Vault for my projects and I am currently experiencing some very odd behaviour.
Everytime I build my project, Vault pops up and tells me that my BusinessLayer.dll and .pdb and DataLayer.dll and .pdb are currently under version control and that adding the items will result in the old versions being overwritten. For starters neither the dlls nor the pdbs are added to version control, so it's quite odd. Secondly I don't want them under source control, since we are multiple ppl working on the same project.

So everytime I build somehting new to my project I have to click cancel 4 times, which is very annoying.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
Attachments
VersionControlIssue.jpg
VersionControlIssue.jpg (49.89 KiB) Viewed 2981 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:18 am

What version of Vault are you using? Are you using the Enhanced or Classic Client for integration?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

MichaelPedersen

Post by MichaelPedersen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 am

Hi and thanks for your reply mate.
We're currently running 4.1.2 but have experienced the same problem with the 4.1 version. And we're using the Classic Client for integration.

Terence

Post by Terence » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am

Try this please. Select the .dlls in the Solution Explorer and choose File->Source Control->Exclude from Source Control.
Terence McGhee
SourceGear