System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jakob

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path

Post by jakob » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:03 am

The problem i am having is that i try to get latest and i get this error:(the file that is denied don't even exist and the version is 3.5.0(4741))

Local file update for $/Dynamix/Main/Acquisition/SystemSettingsReportGenerator.cs failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\Dynamix\Main\Acquisition\_sgvault\42890.808382" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromDelta(VaultClientFile file, String deltaFile, Int64 baseVersion, Int64 targetVersion, UInt32 targetCRC, Int64 targetSize)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

lbauer

Re: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:07 pm

Can you get a copy of the file to a non-working directory? In the GUI Client right click on the file, choose Get Latest and at the top of the dialog, put in a new path.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jakob

Post by jakob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:16 am

yes it is posible to get the file to another directory like you said.

I also tried to create the 42890.808382 file through windows explorer but here i also get a simular error access is dinied like if some servcice is using it.

then i tried to delete the _sgvault folder and make a new one somewhere else with the 42890.808382 file and the state file in it.
and copy it to the right location. this was posible but vault did not recognice it and gave an error.
the problem is now that i can't delete the false 42890.808382 file´.
is vault running some service that has a hold on this file?

jakob

Post by jakob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:15 am

I solved it.
I choose another working directory and got latest and then i copied the files from the new _sgvault to the old one.
i had to use a program unlocker to copy the file that had the access problem. but it works now.

thanks for the quick response though.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks for the update. Glad all is working now.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager