Small bug in VB.NET 2008 with setup projects

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bluebsh

Small bug in VB.NET 2008 with setup projects

Post by bluebsh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 am

I have a large solution with about 40 projects in it and multiple "solution folders" well under the main solution I have a solution folder called "Setup" inside that is a setup project... now the setup project has a lock icon next to it like it should but when I right click it and get checkout the lock doesnt change to a checkmark.. just stays a lock.. but the project IS checked out... all other projects work as expected whenr you check them out by changing the lock to a checkmark though... only the setup project has this problem... This is with the vault visual studio enhanced client and running version 4.1.2.18185

Beth

Re: Small bug in VB.NET 2008 with setup projects

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 am

Try making a small change to one of the files, such as a change to a comment and then check it in. Then perform a Diff between against the current version in the repository. If they don't match, then something isn't right with the bindings, and I can give instructions for dealing with that. Let me know the results of the Diff.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

bluebsh

Post by bluebsh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 am

If I change a file that is not a setup project it works fine! bindings are all perfect, even the setup project checkin checkout works, its just not updating the icon that shows the checkin/out state in the solution tree next to the setup project

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:28 am

A project can individually have bad bindings separate from rest of the solution, so I would still like to see if you can check in a change on the setup project. Is it feasible for you to try that? Some companies have very strict rules about check ins which would prevent any sort of test, so if that's the case just let me know. The change could just be a comment change so that it wouldn't affect how your code builds.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

bluebsh

Post by bluebsh » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am

Yes I can check in a setup project and it shows the changes in the vault's version of the file. I can also check out and get latest and get the correct version with the changes. I think this is just a cosmetic issue with the setup project where it does not change the icon next to the project to refelct the check in / check out changes... this started with version 4.1 in version 4.0 it did not have this problem

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 am

This sounds like a known issue in Vault, where checkout status is not immediately updated. We're planning to release version 4.1.3 this week, which should help with this problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager