System.Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Busboy

System.Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted

Post by Busboy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 am

Hi,
I am using Vault v4.1.3 and have "random" problems with my Vault server. Sometimes all is OK, and suddenly this error arise. I had similar problems some time ago, and then it helped to turn off "Enable HTTPP Keep-Alives". I have also turned off all Anti-Virus/firewall programs on both client and server. The server log-file seems fine, only login/logout messages.

What can I do to make my Vault server work?
  • <vault>
    <error>
    <exception>System.Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.ListCloakedObjects(Int32 nRepID, VaultNameValueCollection& nvc)
    at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.RefreshCloakedObjectsList()
    at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.SetActiveRepositoryID(Int32 id, String username, String uniqueRepositoryID, Boolean doRefresh, Boolean updateKnownChangesAll)
    at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.SetRepository(VaultRepositoryInfo repositoryInfo)
    at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.SetRepository(String repositoryName)
    at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(AccessLevelType altCommand, Boolean bAllowAuto, Boolean bSaveSession)
    at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login()
    at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
    at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)</exception>
    </error>
    <result>
    <success>False</success>
    </result>
    </vault>
Regards, Kim

lbauer

Re: System.Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 am

We'd like to see a client log and also the server log in debug mode. After a disconnect has been captured in the logs, send them zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda.

To enable client-side logging, see this link:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1534.

You can enable debug logging for the server using the Adnan Web client. Look under Server settings->Logging. The Vault server log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

Let me know what time in the logs you experienced the disconnect.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Busboy

Re: System.Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted

Post by Busboy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:30 am

Email with server and client log files are sent to support at sourcegear.com

Kim