Error: Failed to compare two elements in the array

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tafountain

Error: Failed to compare two elements in the array

Post by tafountain » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 am

Client Version: 4.1.2.18185
Server Version: 4.1.2.18185

Scenario
While attempting to perform a "Get Latest" operation from the Vault desktop client this error is being thrown - "Failed to compare two elements in the array".

Additional information
This is only happening for one developer. No Vault changes have been made since we upgraded to version 4.1.2.18185 several months ago. This error started for this one developer on Friday, January 16th. We have had the developer restart the client with no luck and also reboot his machine (again with no luck). We have restarted IIS on the Vault server (again - no luck). We are unable to identify an errors in the server log.

Has this error been seen in the past? What can we do to troubleshoot/resolve this issue?

Beth

Re: Error: Failed to compare two elements in the array

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I haven't seen this error before, but we can probably narrow this down.

First, have the user go to his Vault Client Side Cache. Make sure all instances of Vault and Visual Studio are closed, then rename the Vault_1 folder. Reopen Vault set a new working folder and see if the Get Latest works. If it does, then you can either move forward as you are, or put the old cache back into place and I will help you narrow it down to a smaller portion of the cache.

If the error occurs, after renaming the cache, then put the old cache back the way it was and let me know.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tafountain

Post by tafountain » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks for the response. I spoke to the developer and they did a few things that caused this to stop happening. The activities they performed where:
- uninstalled SourceGear Vault and manually deleted some Vault registry settings that remained after the uninstall and reinstalled SourceGear Vault.
- manually deleted the cache folders

I suspect the manual deletion of the cache folders is what fixed their issue.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks for the update. Happy to hear you're working again.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support