V5:Unwanted Get Latest overwrite prompt on checked out files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Cat

V5:Unwanted Get Latest overwrite prompt on checked out files

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 pm

I don't remember Vault 4 prompting me to overwrite checked out files when I performed a Get Latest on a folder. I do want it to prompt me for files that are renegade, however. Is this possible?

Beth

Re: V5:Unwanted Get Latest overwrite prompt on checked out files

Post by Beth » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Go to Tools - Options - Local Files and the first group of settings all deal with files that have been modified. You can set the default behavior there.

Also, in the Get window, there is a check box for prompting for modified files.

If you weren't seeing the Get window, it could be that you had the selection checked for only showing the window when you are holding down the shift key.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 am

I have also found that the operation of Get Latest from the GUI has changed. Previously (version 4) there would be a message in the messages pane saying that the relevant file was already checked out to you and it would be skipped, now you have to remember that you actually have the relevant files checked out and not overwrite them by mistake (possibly losing your edited version).

There is no setting I can find in the options that controls this.

Please reinstate the behaviour as per version 4.

Cheers,
Brett

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 am

the relevant file was already checked out to you
That only shows up if you are trying to check out a file. It shouldn't show up at all on a Get Latest. If we didn't allow a Get Latest on files that were checked out, then users who checked out a file, but later decided to get a fresh copy wouldn't be able to.
Beth Kieler

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 am

I see a difference in using Get Latest on a checked-out file directly, and using Get Latest on a folder which contains checked-out files.

Yes, in the first instance, you should be able to replace your checked-out file with the version in the repository (same as Undo Checkout followed by Checkout). In the second instance however, as I recall Vault 4 would skip checked-out files irrespective of edit status while Vault 5 prompts to overwrite when the files have been edited (which is why they were checked out in the first place).

Maybe there should be an option to set the behaviour when using Get Latest on a folder containing checked-out files.

Cheers,
Brett

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm

I've tried a few more things to try and see what you are. I can certainly take a feature request.

If you have the ability to show me more directly, we can take this offline. If you want to go that route, send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.

F: 14768

HS: 217133
Beth Kieler