1011: FailInvalidSessionToken after hibernate (S4)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

OgeGOon

1011: FailInvalidSessionToken after hibernate (S4)

Post by OgeGOon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Hello,

I get the following message from visual studio each time I tryto check out a file "1011: FailInvalidSessionToken"

I am using Visual Studio 2008 with the "SourceGear Vault Visual Studio Enhanced Client" - installed with the client version 5.0.0 (18534)

This error occured for the first time (and each time since) when I wanted to check out a file in the Solution Explorer immediatly after a wakeup of my PC - The PC was previously hibernated (in S4 state). Also, the server hosting the Vault Repositories was rebooted while my PC was sleeping...

What can be done to solve this problem ? (I mean, anything else that restarting Visual Studio - which fix the problem)
Is this the expected behavior if the server is rebooted while my PC sleeps ? Can I avoid this while using hibernation (As I intend to use it regularely as of now) ?

O.

avonwyss

Re: 1011: FailInvalidSessionToken after hibernate (S4)

Post by avonwyss » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:09 am

The server looses the session tokens if rebooted. This has nothing to do with he state of the client (if it was left running, you would get the same behavior). In older versions of the VSIP client, you'd get a more descriptive error message followed by the login dialog and after that you could continue working. I've already reported this issue in this thread: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12319

You can perform a different Vault action than checkout, such as "Open From Vault" and canceling after the login, to get a new session token from the server without restarting the IDE.

OgeGOon

Post by OgeGOon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks a lot for this explanation!

O.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks for responding, avonwyss.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager