Continuous Integration - Changes Since Label

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

StephenJ

Continuous Integration - Changes Since Label

Post by StephenJ » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 am

Greetings,

Have there been any changes in 5.0 to the availability of a feature to easily retrieve all files that have changes since a labeled version? We have a daily build process that takes about 45 minutes to run and as our web project gets larger it takes longer every time. I currently label the project when we release then do a manual GET of that label (after the release, this is done once per release), then do an automated GET of everything and then use Beyond Compare to make a Diff of the most recent and the baseline GET. As you can see a simple "give me all the files that have changed" would simplify and probably speed up this process tremendously. The slowest part is the full get of the most recent changes. Removing the need for the baseline and the need to do the get and just going directly to what has changed would be awesome.

Can someone point me in the right direction for this? I'm hoping some progress has been made on this functionality in 5.0. /fingers crossed?

-Stephen

lbauer

Re: Continuous Integration - Changes Since Label

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:35 pm

This hasn't changed in Vault 5.0. We do have feature request 11310 logged for this functionality. I'll add your "vote" and bump it up in priority.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

StephenJ

Post by StephenJ » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks Linda. Is there any solid documentation on doing this via the command line client? I've heard some mention about it being possible? Barring a fairly "recipe" type way to do it I'm inclined to let our working process just keep working, but I would jump on the chance for a quicker way to do these builds. If my testers could kick off a build and have it ready as quickly as I would expect a "get changed since x" sort of feature would allow then it greatly reduces the time they spend sitting on their hands.

-Stephen

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 pm

There still isn't an easy way to do this. You can do a history query with the command line client to list all the transactions since a label or between two labels, but you'd need to parse out the specific file names and then do a get.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager