Login asked each time solution is opened after rename

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

Login asked each time solution is opened after rename

Post by Tri » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi,

Using Vault 4.14, SQL Server 2008 Management studio.

The *..ssmssln solution was working OK with Vault integration. After I renamed & moved the solution and projects, it broke. I have edited various project files (*.ssmssqlproj) to change the Vault path. After unbind/rebind, the Vault binding is working OK. All of this hassle because I wanted to keep the version history of all the solution files.

Since that rename/move operation, each time I open the solution, there is now a Vault login screen, followed by another form to select the repository.

Question: is there anyway to make the solution work as before? (Vault integration done automatically without asking login and repository selection).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beth

Re: Login asked each time solution is opened after rename

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:40 am

We haven't performed any testing of integration with SSMS 2008. What you could try though are the Visual Studio recommendations in this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6328.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Tri

Post by Tri » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the solution. There is no MSSCCPRJ.SCC in my case. I just renamed the local folder and did an "Open from Source Control" and the issue is fixed. I guess VS2008 writes the Source Control info somewhere but the fix using "Open from Source Control" is simple enough, it is not worth to hack around with manual edits.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Thank you for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support