Issue with Security Report Tool

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jstarbird

Issue with Security Report Tool

Post by jstarbird » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Vault 5.0.2.18753

I'm seeing a bit of oddness in the Security Report Tool, the Folder Security section. The output contains multiple entries, sort of. Basically it's showing permissions for folders that the name was changed or it was moved multiple times, once for each type of change. These didn't have Folder Security setup prior to the name changes nor the moves, however, Folder Security was enabled at the time I believe.
For example when our import was done from VSS I then moved a folder called $/es2k to $/main_branch/es2k and later renamed it to $/main_branch/java . Then I went in and setup Folder Security settings for our users.
Then when I run the Security Report and get the Folder Security output it lists permissions for each user for all three of the above folders:
$/es2k
$/main_branch/es2k
$/main_branch/java

This is a minor issue as I just edit out the extras when I bring it up in Excel but if it could be fixed at some point that would be great.

Thanks,
J

lbauer

Re: Issue with Security Report Tool

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

This is a known issue. It's logged as bug 15105 in our item tracking database. We've added your comments to the bug. We hope to fix this in the next maintenance release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jstarbird

Post by jstarbird » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Great, thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

You are welcome. :-)
Linda Bauer