Rollback issue

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jstarbird

Rollback issue

Post by jstarbird » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Vault 5.0.2.18753

We use Folder Security and my users do have RCA privileges for the areas in question but for some reason a couple of users cannot Rollback. I've gone over and watched them do it and for some reason Rollback is greyed out. They are selecting an Older version than the current one, they do not have it checked out it nor does anyone else at the time. They can do it on another branch just fine but this one branch it is greyed out.
The permissions are set as: branch - R, folder in branch they are accessing - RCA, but they can check out and check in files, to this same folder, without any issue it is simply Rollback that is not functioning.

Thanks,
J

Beth

Re: Rollback issue

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Is the version the user is trying to rollback to from before the branch? The rollback function doesn't rollback in a branch to a period prior to the branch. That history is part of where the branch came from, but is not copied to the branch, only linked to.

What your user could do is either:
1) Perform what will amount to be a manual rollback. Check out the file to roll back. Go to the place where the file was branched from, view history on its origin file, and Get the version you want the branch to roll back to. Copy the file you retrieved over top of the current version in your branch on disk. The branched file will show up as edited and you can check it in.

2) Delete the branched version of the file and create a new branch on just that file from the historical version that you need from the original location. This would cause you to loose any intermediary changes you may have made on the first branched file. If you need those, then use option 1 instead.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jstarbird

Post by jstarbird » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Beth,
thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize you couldn't do it on a branch. That seems like odd behavior though since I can do a Get of an old version and also since Rollback just checks in the old version as a new version. Is there a reason why you cannot Rollback on a branch?

Thanks,
J

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm

I think than rolling back to a version prior to a branch is more complex and not as straight forward as one would initially think. I do have a feature request open for creating the ability to rollback to a version prior to the branch that I can add your "vote" to if you'd like.
Beth Kieler

jstarbird

Post by jstarbird » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah that would be great.

Thanks,
J

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:00 pm

I've added your "vote." Thanks for your feedback.

F: 11420
Beth Kieler

jstarbird

Post by jstarbird » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 am

Beth wrote:I've not added your "vote." Thanks for your feedback.

F: 11420
Ok I know I pester you alot but to "Not" add my vote, am I really that bad!?! :lol:

Thanks,
J

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm sorry. That was my fault. :") I'm adding your vote.
Beth Kieler