Reports on Repository Activities

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

Reports on Repository Activities

Post by Tri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 am

Hi,
Using Vault Server 4.14

I would like to know the stats of Repositories: size, how many files, folder, activities counts, in particular latest access date, etc.

Is there a way to get these stats? Even SQL statements to run against the SQL Server, it is OK too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: in Admin Tool that there is a Statistics Item. It show a summary of folder/files count and size. This is OK as quick info. Would it be possible to have more details? name of folders and the number of subfolder and files
that it contains. I guess this needs to be a custom SQL statement.

Beth

Re: Reports on Repository Activities

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 pm

The latest access date to Vault is recorded in the Vault server logs found at %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log. I don't think the last time a file is access is recorded. If it's checked in, then it would be recorded.

For counts of activities, you could run a history query, save that query as a .csv file, then import that .csv file into Excel to manipulate however you wish.

You might also try out the Vault Node Counter power toy that I posted on this page, http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/powertoys.html, to see if that helps with the information you need.

After exploring those, then let me know what you might be missing yet. Then send that in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support