How to access the testserver using internet explorer client

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

najeeb

How to access the testserver using internet explorer client

Post by najeeb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 am

Hi,
How will i be able to access the test server(Volt) using internet explorer as client,like i don't want to install the client software provided .I would like to access the client using internet explorer.Is this possible?
Thanks & Regards

lbauer

Re: How to access the testserver using internet explorer client

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 am

You can access the demo server with a web client, but it will give you a read-only view of the repository. It will not allow you to perform any source control operations other than looking at history or the tree structure.

http://vaultdemo/VaultService/VaultWeb/login.aspx

Login and password is Guest1
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

najeeb

Post by najeeb » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 am

I Am not able to view this page ,i am getting page cannot be displayed error.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Sorry, I didn't include the domain in the url:

http://vaultdemo.sourcegear.com/VaultSe ... login.aspx
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

najeeb

Post by najeeb » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm

After going through the software (Vault) we are interested to go forward with (Fotress). Since we are looking for a system which has the facility to track the changes simultaneously control the versions. The current interface of this software can only be used for controlling the Versions, we would like to know whether you have any facility in the Fortress to raise change requestes by users too, like in our case we have more than 500 concurrent users for our ERP in different locations and they used to have different kind of change requests. We would like to have a facility where these users would be able to raise change requests through online and with this change request the developers at our software development centre should be able to Checkout/Checkin a file from the version control system.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 am

we would like to know whether you have any facility in the Fortress to raise change requestes by users too
Do you mean that you want users to be able to log bugs or tasks? Users can do this with Fortress.

Fortress has all the version control capability of Vault, plus integrated work item tracking.

Developers can work with the Fortress GUI client or Visual Studio to modify code, and update work items when checking in source code. Users can access item tracking from within the GUI client or Visual Studio and can add and modify work items.

Users can also add or modify bugs using the Fortress web interface. We have web only licenses at a reduced cost for users to do not need access to Fortress client or Visual Studio integration for source code development work.

We also have a feature called add External Item, which allows users who do not have Fortress logins to add work items to a work item project.

Does this help answer your question? If not, I could use more information on the type of functionality you need.

If it's easier, we could do this by phone. E-mail support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda with your phone number. Please include a link to this forum post. We are in the US, Central daylight Time.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

najeeb

Post by najeeb » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 am

Hi Linda,
I have one more question to this ,our development is purly based on Oracle Database & Oracle Forms,Hope Fortress will be able to cope with this.
My email contact is :najeeb@mhd.co.om.
If you dont mind can you send me the pricing of Fortress and also some demo links including (uers request screens).
Thanks & Regards.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 am

I tried to send an email to najeeb at mhd dot com, but it bounced. Send me an email: support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

najeeb

Post by najeeb » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 am

Hi Linda,

I have registerd for an onlin demo for last thursday.could you please let me know the status of this.

Regards,
Najeeb.M

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:15 am

After you sign up for a demo, our sales department will contact you to set a specific date and time.

I've sent them an email to follow up with you.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear