Question/possible feature request

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jstarbird

Question/possible feature request

Post by jstarbird » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Vault 5.0.2.18753

We have some files that are shared from one primary location and at times have wanted to create a copy(branch) of a folder which contains some of these shared files and the branch action breaks these shares for the new folder.
Is there someway to do this without that happening? I don't think there is currently so if not could you add our vote to an existing request or create a new one to have the option to keep files shared when branched as long as they are part of the same parent branch.

So if the layout is like this:
$\main_branch\folder1 (content here primary location of some shared and non-shared files)
$\main_branch\folder2 ( content here has some of the files shared from folder1 and other non-shared files)
$\main_branch\folder3 (this is the new folder Branched from Folder2, currently all shares break so would be nice to have option to keep shares)

Thanks,
J

Beth

Re: Question/possible feature request

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 am

Currently you would have to delete the branched files that you'd rather have shared and then make shares manually. In your example, the place where the branched files that needed to be shares would be deleted from is Folder 3. Then you'd make shares from either Folder 1 or Folder 2 to Folder 3 on the individual files.

I'll put in a feature request for this.

F: 15544
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jstarbird

Post by jstarbird » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:54 am

Beth,
Yes, that is exactly what I have to do now so that new feature would be great.

Thanks,
J

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:39 pm

You're welcome.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support