Vault Client "losing my place"

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Vault Client "losing my place"

Post by GregM » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:57 pm

It seems that the list controls in the Vault Client "lose my place" a lot.

For example, when I check out a file, the file is still the highlighted item in the list, and it's still visible, but the keyboard navigation focus is on the item at the top of the list. Hitting the up arrow does nothing, and hitting the down arrow moves the selection to the second item in the list.

When in the pending change set, I right click on a file to show its differences. The list is immediately scrolled back to the top, along with the keyboard navigation. It still partially knows where I am, because if I scroll down using the scroll bar, that same file is still highlighted. This, along with the apparent lack of a "Show Differences" keyboard shortcut, makes reviewing the changes in the pending change set rather difficult.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:50 am

I've logged this as a bug, and I think we've had other people mention other instances of this as well. Thanks for the report.

thexray

Re: Vault Client "losing my place"

Post by thexray » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:43 am

Now, I understand that changing keyboard focus is a multiple decade project.

But could you accelerate the work a little by assigning more people to it? :P

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:12 pm

We prioritize by severity of the bug and the number of users it affects. We wish we could fix them all, but sometimes the less severe ones get a lower priority.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

thexray

Post by thexray » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:56 am

I understand. Just hoping that I will see a day when the priority of this bug will be raised. There can't be that few mouse haters out there, can there?