UI Issue: Show Differences and "Any repository folder/file"

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CoffeeNerd

UI Issue: Show Differences and "Any repository folder/file"

Post by CoffeeNerd » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

My team is having a couple of UI issues with Show Differences when using the 'Any repository folder/file' option.

Firstly when you select 'Any repository folder/file' and then click browse the 'Diff Against Repository item' window comes up with the file list in the right-hand pane not sorted with the same settings as the main window nor are the column widths the same. For example, say I have the file list in the main vault window set to sort on file name in ascending order and bring up the 'Diff Against Repository Item' window to select the file I want to diff against the file list in the right hand pane of this window is sorted in reverse alphabetic order by default. Changing it to match our preferred sort order does not hold between instances of this window so fixing it with this use does not result in it being correct on next use. If you're traversing through a long list of files running comparisons this has a significant negative impact on productivity. It should be that the file list in the 'diff' window be sorted using the same settings as set for the file list in the main window and it would be helpful if the column widths were the same as well (we have fairly long file names for just about everything).

Secondly, after selecting a file in the 'Diff Against Repository Item' window and returning to the 'Show Differences' dialogue, clicking the 'OK' button causes the main Vault window file list to swtich to the selected target 'diff' branch. I'm not sure if this is intended or if it is a bug but for us it would be great if the main window stayed on the branch that it was on originally before the 'Show Differences' path is followed and does not switch to the 'show differences' target branch.

Thank you very much!
Murray Williams | Starbucks Coffee Company

Beth

Re: UI Issue: Show Differences and "Any repository folder/fi

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I see what you mean. I've logged your requests. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 15862, 15863
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

CoffeeNerd

Post by CoffeeNerd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Beth wrote:I see what you mean. I've logged your requests. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 15862, 15863
Much appreciated Beth, thank you!
Murray Williams | Starbucks Coffee Company

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

You're welcome.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support