Copied Vault Database

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vbtrek

Copied Vault Database

Post by vbtrek » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 am

Vault Version: 5.1.1.19215

We have 2 sites and have just separated our code development so each site can develop their own versions of the code. Each site would like to be able to view the other sites Vault database on a Read-Only basis.

We have done a backup/restore to move a copy of the database, and this is all complete. User have been configured as required.

When I connect to their DB, this seems to cause Vault Client a few problems. It looks to be because the CLSID for the repository is the same for both databases so it confuses the Vault_1 cache folder.

Is there any way to change the CLSID of a repository? or resolve this problem?
Derek Smith

Beth

Re: Copied Vault Database

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 am

I've been checking this out and this might be possible. If your users have Vault integrated with other software, such as Visual Studio, then the database that gets changed will throw some errors about the working folder, but that can be resolved.

Since this action hasn't been thoroughly tested it will be at your own risk. Just make sure you keep good database backups.

I think we should take this offline to work through this. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support