Eclipse Client - no share option on team menu

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

stanyork

Eclipse Client - no share option on team menu

Post by stanyork » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Okay, things were fine this morning - I could get latest, check out and in. Life was good.

But I needed to update my ADK (Android Dev Kit) and it needed to update its Eclipse componets.
Doing that found the Vauilt Eclipse update from 5.0.? to 5.1.1.19215

After the updates, my project > team > ... cascading menu now only has "Apply Patch"

After a few searches, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Vault add in for Eclipse. Yes, I exited and restarted Eclipse each time. Which allows me to mention that I used to get prompted for my repository password each time the project was opened - that doesn't happen any more either.

The Window | Preferences dialog includes VAULT in the left hand menu. Most of the tabs say "you must be connected..."

Still, the team cascade menu only has "apply patch".
Eclipse Galileo v3.5.2R35

I need my source control! Help.

BTW - I doubt it matters, but the Vault server is still 5.0.4.18845 -- Eclipse doesn't get anywhere near far enough for me to think that is the problem.

Beth

Re: Eclipse Client - no share option on team menu

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm

I've verified that the Eclipse plugin for Vault 5.1.1 can connect to a Vault 5.0.4 server, but the version of Eclipse I had available to me was Helios. I'll download Galileo next and try that.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

stanyork

Post by stanyork » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks, Beth - I appreciate the news.

Given your info, I updated to Helios with the hope of resolving the problem that way. Of course, after installing Helios I had to resinstall the Vault and ADT pluggins (in that order). These are the only two pluggins I have in Helios.

Same exact symptom now as before - just "Apply Package" on the team menu.

If this was Visual Studio, I would be looking to remove the project source control bindings so I could start them from scratch... But I don't know where they are stored in Eclipse projects.

Looking forward to your additional help and insight, on either version of Eclipse :-)

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? That would make it possible for me to take a closer look at what you have going on.
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Just an update that this issue was resolved by creating a new workspace and importing the projects from Vault to the new workspace.

HS: 223318
Beth Kieler