Vault fans: Post your testimonials here

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Americana-USA

Vault Customer Service

Post by Americana-USA » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:27 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great experience with Vault (Beth) customer service. I was contacted promptly on each submission to my case worker and she patiently worked with me until I had completely resolved all issues to get my Vault software up and running. Beth, my hat is off to you! You have represented Vault in a very prestigious fashion. Thanks again for all your hard work.

wsseet

Re: Vault fans: Post your testimonials here

Post by wsseet » Sun May 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Vault is an excellent product.

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm

I have just upgraded from Fortress 1.1 to Vault Pro 5.1.1 :D
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

dcornelius

Post by dcornelius » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:23 am

Having been required to use Source Safe for many years, I am finally in charge of my own software development department. This means I choose what software will be implemented. After looking at several source control options (from free to very expensive), I've settled on Vault and am very happy. The support is quick and helpful, the product is solid with many options, the price is reasonable, and the documentation great.

One thing happened recently that pushed me beyond mere satisfaction with the product to outright jubilation. I had just finished several hours work on a project and was ready to check them in and go home for the day. Using the stand-alone Windows interface, I selected the files and right+clicked. I meant to select "Check in..." from the pop-up menu, but in my hurry accidentally selected "Undo checkout." I had previously disabled the dialog for this option, so Vault immediately and obediently undid all my changes for the day!

I sat in stunned horror for a moment as the realization of what happened hit me. Then I frantically looked for the automatic backup files my IDE creates but they were a few hours old. Then the thought hit me that perhaps Vault creates backups as well. I searched the documentation and the options and found to my great joy that there is indeed a backup setting in Vault and it defaults ON! I quickly located the backup folder and recovered all my files. :D

As I mentioned above, I am very happy with this product and continue to explore advanced features. I plan to get into the API and extend its capability at some point, hooking into other tools for increased automation and work-flow.

Thanks SourceGear Team!
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

Mordachai

Post by Mordachai » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 am

EDIT from SourceGear: This is a duplicate post. Please see this forum thread for the user's comments: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22086.

HughOliphant

Post by HughOliphant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:50 pm

ericsink wrote:As prospective users evaluate Vault, they often ask us for customer references. In general, we refuse, for reasons of customer privacy. It just doesn't seem appropriate to give one customer's contact info to another.

In general, we like the idea of our customers talking to each other about us. We provide forums like this site to facilitate this kind of communication.

But we also want a way for prospective customers to read the positive comments from people who like our product. So, we have created this forum topic as a place to collect those testimonials.

If you would like to say something nice about Vault or SourceGear, this is the place to do it. Effectively, this is a testimonials page which is entirely created by our customers. When people ask us for testimonials, we will point them to this page.

There are a few rules which need to be mentioned:

1. This page is a place for positive comments. If you post a comment on this page which is largely negative, we will delete it. We don't mind criticism, but this is not the place for it. Please feel free to complain about us publicly anywhere in our forums except for this page.

2. This is a place for objective comments. If you have any sort of affiliation with SourceGear, please disclose it in your comment or do not post here. We may ask our users to do us the favor of posting something here, but we will not provide any incentives for doing so. Similarly, no user should feel any obligation to make a posting here, even if they think Vault is awesome.

3. This is a place for real comments. Your comment can be short or long. Say as much or as little as you like, as long as you speak in your own voice with your own opinion. Your comment will be stronger and more meaningful if you include your name and organizational affiliation. However, anonymous remarks are permitted here as well. We will not edit anything posted here other than to delete postings which are clearly inappropriate.

To those of you who do post something here, thank you in advance! We really do appreciate it.

And to those of you who are here because you are evaluating Vault, thank you for your consideration. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any help in your decision.

Vault's design has permitted us the capacity to have a cooperative improvement condition, empowering our engineers worldwide to cooperate in a similar store.

kmxsoft

Post by kmxsoft » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:29 pm

As a long-time (and very frustrated!) SourceSafe user the transition to SourceGear Vault with its close cohesion to the SourceSafe way of doing things was remarkably simple. If "Out Of The Box" is an apt description for its ease of use and provision of an excellent transition process then that's the description I'll use. I've tried various version control systems over many years - my opinion is that Vault isn't just in front, it's a country mile ahead of its competitors.

Some well deserved thanks are required to not only the authors of this excellent product, but to the support staff too. I had a couple of problems along the way but the way the support staff stepped forward to help me resolve those was truly exemplary. Top marks all round.