Differences in GetLatest dialog behavior

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Differences in GetLatest dialog behavior

Post by GregM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:33 am

When you do a GetLatest from the file list view, and the dialog is displayed, the input focus is in the To field, and Enter maps to OK. When doing it from the context menu in the status search field, the To field is disabled, so the input focus is on the Browse button. Hitting Enter here brings up the Browse For Folder dialog.

I've known this for several days now, but still hit enter when the dialog comes up, because it's the natural thing to do. I then have to cancel the browse dialog, and hit OK with the mouse (faster than using the keyboard at that point.)

Combining that with the keyboard shortcuts not working in the status search field makes it really difficult to review the latest source code changes before I get them.

GregM

Post by GregM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:35 am

As if to demonstrate my point, as soon as I finished that post, I did a diff on the next file in the list, then Get Latest, and immediately hit enter. :D

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:15 am

If you're not changing anything in the Get Latest dialog you could try using 'only show this dialog when shift is pressed'. That way you won't have to press Enter.

Worth a try..

dan

Post by dan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:58 am

We'll log this as a bug - thanks for the report.

GregM

Post by GregM » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:16 am

arden_dan wrote:If you're not changing anything in the Get Latest dialog you could try using 'only show this dialog when shift is pressed'.
I have the dialog because out of habit I kept hitting Ctrl-G to do the get latest, but that doesn't get the latest version of the selected file in the pane that has the focus, it gets the latest version of the file/directory selected in the tree/list. I turned the dialog back on after I hit Ctrl-G and wound up with a get on the full tree instead of the first of 30 or so files I wanted to compare... :/