vault.exe LISTCHANGESET

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

icnocop

vault.exe LISTCHANGESET

Post by icnocop » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:19 pm

Hello. :)

I am trying to automate our build process with the vault.exe command line client.

However, I am running into a problem:

LISTCHANGESET does not list file modifications. It only seems to list changes from commands run on vault.exe, like ADD, CREATEFOLDER, DELETE, PIN, LABEL, etc.

These are the steps to reproduce:
1. REMEMBERLOGIN
2. SETWORKINGFOLDER
3. GET
4. change a text file in the working folder
5. LISTCHANGESET
LISTCHANGESET will not list the changed file.

On another note,
I would also like to perform an exclusive CHECKOUT recusively on a repository path. Is this feature still slated for v2.1? Maybe there is a simpler/better solution - one that would just "lock" a repository path so that changes can only be made by that user. Something similar to a PIN, but would allow for changes. This will mainly be used to insure that nothing in the repository path changes during the automated build process, to avoid inaccurate labels on that repository path. Are there any other approaches at this time? Or is the Client API my only resort?

Thank you.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:26 am

If you modify a file without checking it out, you need to set your checkin options to not require checkout before checkin. So, you can either explicitly check out the file to get it to appear in listchangeset, or set the option.

2.1 will have a recursive checkout feature. There are no current plans for a "checkout folder" command that is different from checking out all files underneath a folder (e.g., one that would prevent file additions/deletions, etc).

Until 2.1 is released, modifying the command line client source code is your best option for getting a recursive checkout.

icnocop

Post by icnocop » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:04 pm

Thank you for your reply. :D

I could not find out how to set the option to not require a checkout before a checkin with the vault.exe command line client.

I have these settings for the Vault GUI client.

Both processes are being run using the same user account.

Should the vault.exe command line client pick up the settings from the Vault GUI client, or does it have its own registry hive(?) for its own settings?

(The vault.exe.config file only indicates logging capabilities)

Thank you.

(for future reference, this is v2.0.6)

dan

Post by dan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:10 pm

The require checkout option in the GUI client will cause it apply to the command line client as well.

icnocop

Post by icnocop » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:31 pm

Ok.

You are right.

This is working correctly.

Thank you.

:D