Vault 2.0 Upgrade Issue - Protocol not supported by client

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

chadh

Vault 2.0 Upgrade Issue - Protocol not supported by client

Post by chadh » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:16 am

After a successful upgrade of the server software on a Windows 2003 Standard Server (the 1.x series worked perfectly on as well) I am receiving the following error when the Admin Tool or Client Tool attempts to connect to the Vault Server.

Error: This Vault server uses a protocol that is not supported by this client.

I've attached the Vault Install Log as well. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not rollback to the previous version if I can help it. I can access the Vault webservices directly without issue through a browser.
Attachments
vault_install.zip
Vault Install Log
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 1078 times

chadh

More Information

Post by chadh » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:46 am

In reading through the other posts I found this article http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=75, which I guess I missed the first time. When I go to http://ourvaultserverurl/VaultService the previous URL mentions that I should see a HTML page? There is no index file (default.aspx, index.html, whatever it may be) that displays. There wasn't either with previous version of our Vault Install as well. The client and admin tools are installed from the vaultservice/downloads directory from the vaultserver msi file in case the versions where off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

chadh

I fixed it

Post by chadh » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:16 pm

Vault was installing into c:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService. We didn't have a wwwroot directory (it was the first thing to go on initial server install) and the Vault 1.X series were installed into c:\inetpub\sites\SourcegearVault.

For some reason the setup files ignored the install directory, created the wwwroot and vault service subdirs, then didn't remap iis. Thus the protocol not supported issues.