Vault 6.0 Upgrade Question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dsalter

Vault 6.0 Upgrade Question

Post by dsalter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 am

We are going to upgrade from Vault 5.1 to 6.0. Will the upgrade simply install over the existing Vault Server version without issue? Will it pick up on all my vault repositories and settings? Is there anything I need to be aware of other than adding the new license keys? I have 23 users currently - will I lose all these users?

Please advise of a specific upgrade path/documentation if there is some.

Many thanks,

lbauer

Re: Vault 6.0 Upgrade Question

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 am

Upgrading is pretty straight forward.

First, get your license keys for Vault 6.0 from our online stosre. If you have Maintenance, the upgrade is free, but you do need 6.0 licenses.

https://csp.sourcegear.com/login.aspx

It is recommended that you backup your Vault databases prior to an upgrade. This can be done from either the Web Admin tool, or SQL Server Management Studio.

To upgrade from a previous installation of Vault, simply invoke the new installer. Program files and configuration settings should be automatically updated to reflect the upgrade. The installer will detect your databases and upgrade them as well. Note that the server installation will not delete your databases unless you explicitly tell it to.

You may also safely uninstall Vault first, and then install Vault 6.0. As with the Vault Server installation, an uninstall will not delete your database unless you explicitly tell it to.

Vault 6.0 has additional services and databases. For details see our release notes:

http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/release ... o/6.0.html

Users will need to upgrade their clients as well. Only Vault 6.0 clients can connect to a Vault 6.0 server.
Let us know if you have additional questions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager