FogBugz integration question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Colen

FogBugz integration question

Post by Colen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi,

I'm trying out Vault's integration with FogBugz, and I have a question: I can enter the bug id and have the checkin appear in fogbugz, but the checkboxes associated with the bug number in vault (mark completed, add checkin comment as item comment) are always greyed out. Is this intended?

Also, a change suggestion - I spent a while trying to figure out why integration wasn't working, and it was because there was a space on the end of the URL I copied and pasted into vault. It'd be great if you could detect and either trim the space off, or warn the user that "hey, there's a space here that will break things".

Thanks!

lbauer

Re: FogBugz integration question

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:59 pm

the checkboxes associated with the bug number in vault (mark completed, add checkin comment as item comment) are always greyed out. Is this intended
FogBugz is not as tightly integrated with Vault as the work item tracking in Vault Pro. The checkbox would be enabled in VaultPro, but is not available for FogBugz integration.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Colen

Post by Colen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I see. Is this a matter of fogbugz not supporting the external API needed to close tasks and add comments? Or is this something they support that Vault Standard hasn't implemented?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:47 am

Our integration is limited to configuration of the URL to the FogBugz tracking system. We do not have additional hooks into FogBugz. It's possible there could be more done on the both the Vault and FogBugz sides. I can log feature request to investigate what the further possibilities would be for FogBugz integration.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Colen

Post by Colen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Please log that feature request, as it'd be great to do more integration with FogBugz since we're using both it and Vault. Thanks!

cs

Post by cs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:34 am

Thread resurrection.........

We are considering moving from Vault Pro to FogBugz (for work items, not source repo).

Any feedback from users? And are there any improvements in FogBugz integrations coming in V7 of Vault Standard?

Main reason is that we are moving to Version One and it has Fogbugz integration for defect tracking....

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:38 pm

We haven't made any changes to FogBugz integration, but we have made a lot of updates to work item tracking in VaultPro.

FogBugz integration allows you to see Vault Checkins in an associated FogBugz case. However, FogBugz cases do not appear in Vault.

Vault Pro has a much more robust integration. You can update bugs on checkin and within the GUI or Visual Studio integration. You can also see source control checkins associated with work items on the Item Tracking side.

Vault Pro 7 will have new features in work item tracking, including custom work item fields, the ability to add, remove and rearrange fields on the item tracking page, and work item reports.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

cs

Post by cs » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 am

Thanks for the information Linda.

I notice there is integration with OnTime in the Vault documentation.

Are there perhaps any plans to support any other agile tools, i.e. Version One or similar?

VP is fine for change management but for development process something else is needed..

I wonder if any other users have tried to use VP (integration) in an agile environment..

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:00 am

What type of features would facilitate your agile development?

We're always looking for ways to meet the development needs of our customers with Vault.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear