Exclude List

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dcornelius

Exclude List

Post by dcornelius » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 am

When I first started using the Vault client (version 5) and went to add files to a project, I noticed it listed all files in the folder, including temporary files, compiled files, and so forth. So I noticed the "exclude files" feature and added extensions I don't need to see, went back to the Add Files list, and saw they were still there, even after restarting the client. I thought that was strange and forgot about it, picking through the files for the source files I needed.

I've since upgraded to version 6 and hoped this feature had been changed or maybe there was a new option. I don't completely understand why all files need to be listed in the Add Files list and it's tedious looking through files I would never add to Vault. I do realize that clicking on the checkbox for the folder checks only files not in the Exclude list, but I don't always want to automatically include all non-excluded files.

Can an option be added to filter out excluded files from the add files list?
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

Beth

Re: Exclude List

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 am

An Add will show you everything that's available in the folder so that you have the option of choosing it, but if it's excluded it won't be checked. Are you saying they are still checked for being added? If that's the case, then can you send me a screenshot of what your excluded files list looks like? In particular, show me one of the file extensions you have listed, and then show me a screenshot of that showing up checked automatically in the Add Files/Folders dialog box. (Don't specifically check it; only check the parent folder.)
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

dcornelius

Post by dcornelius » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:19 am

It's not a bug in the Vault software, the excluded files are not checked automatically, they're just listed. I'd like to prevent them from even being listed. I have to look carefully through the files for the ones I want.

Perhaps most people just check the folder and include all non-excluded files, in which case this feature is just fine for them. But I like to manually select which files are included.

Sometimes I create a test unit or rename a file manually and don't want it included in the archive but am not ready to delete it from my development folder just yet. That's why there may be non-excluded files in the folder that I don't necessarily want in Vault, and thus why I want to SEE only the non-excluded files.
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 am

I've added a feature request to make an option to completely hide excluded items. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 16543
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support