Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dsalter

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by dsalter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:15 am

About a week or two ago, we upgraded our vault server and client sw to version 6. All seemed ok at the time. Recently, patches were applied to our SQL Server O/S to bring them up to date.

A day ago, I created a new repository.

Yesterday, I received a call from a vault user indicating that they are having a problem with the new repository. The user says when he leaves VS2008 for a brief amount of time, he is disconnected. He says it can be as little as an hour. When he returns to work he gets: invalid session and then vs2008 reloads the solution explorer.

I ventured into Vault Admin to see if there are any settings on my end. I discovered another issue that has me worried. This issue is occuring on all of our repositories, not just the new one. When I click on Groups, Repository Access, Folder Security, Undo Check Out, Obliterate, File Types, Keyword Expansion, Find in Files, or Shadow Folders I get a message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Rebind and Statistics are ok.

We are all able to work. We are in and out of the various repositories without issue. It is only this one felloow and my issue with the admin tool.

Any idea why this is happening?

lbauer

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Have you tried restarting IIS?

Run iisreset from a command prompt on the server machine. There may be cached information that's out of sync with the database.

If that does not resolve the problem, We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log. The Vault server log is called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

Send the logs zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dsalter

Post by dsalter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I did restart IIS and it did not work. I will send the log file(s)...

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Working with this user offline.

hs 226298
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager