"Keep Checked Out" doesn't do all files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dcornelius

"Keep Checked Out" doesn't do all files

Post by dcornelius » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 am

I'm using Vault Std client version 6.0.1 (598) and when I select several files to check in, but check the box that says "keep checked out" I expect all the files I'm checking in to be checked back out. Most of the time, the top-most selected file does NOT get checked back out. Some times, more than one file is not checked out. Rarely do they all get checked out.

This is a minor bug because I'm watching for it now (after getting stuck with a read-only file a couple of times) and simply go in and check out the file that got missed.
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

lbauer

Re: "Keep Checked Out" doesn't do all files

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:40 pm

When a file has been modified, but the size is unchanged, Vault will checkin the file, but undo the checkout, regardless of the "Keep Checked Out" setting.

We've fixed this for Vault 6.1, due out later this year.

Could this be what you're seeing?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dcornelius

Post by dcornelius » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

No, I think that's unrelated. I'll reiterate with more explanation...

I usually check out all files of a project because I'm the only one working on the project and I don't know which files I might need. I also use Delphi, which doesn't have an IDE plug-in, so use the Vault client exclusively.

After some work on the project, I'll want to check all the files of the project back in, but if I know there's still work to be done, check the "keep checked out" box so that I can still work on the files, but the changes I've made are applied to the source repository.

When I'm done with that "check-in but keep checked out" process, I would expect all the files in the project to be checked out again (or still) regardless of whether they had changed or not, but sometimes one file gets left checked in even though it was still in my list of selected files. It's as if I selected all files to check in, then unselected one file when I checked them back out.
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks for the clarification. We made a number of changes to the code behind the Keep Checked Out behavior, so if you're still experiencing this after Vault 6.1 is released, let us know.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dcornelius

Post by dcornelius » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 pm

OK, I'll watch for the release. Thanks!
David Cornelius
Retail Dimensions, Inc.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 am