Force Check In when staff on vacation

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

scaiferw

Force Check In when staff on vacation

Post by scaiferw » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 am

Hi;

Is there an established method for forcing a Check In when someone is on vacation or otherwise unavailable and we need to capture their local changes?

For reference, all our accounts use AD authentication.

Thanks,

Rob
Vault Standard Version 5.1.1.19215 -- Windows Server 2008 R2 -- SQL Server 2008 R2

Beth

Re: Force Check In when staff on vacation

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 pm

There currently isn't a way to force a check in from a user's computer. I have a feature request I can add your "vote" to if you'd like.

If the user has the file locked so that others can't get to it, you can force an Undo Check Out from the Vault Admin web page. Expand the repository name on the left, and click Undo Check Out. On the right side, you will see a list of all the check outs. Click the boxes next to the items to undo check out. Scroll to the bottom and click the Undo Check Out button.

The Undo Check Out on the Vault Admin web page will not do anything to the user's file except remove the check out. It will not revert any changes.

F: 12489
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Tweedy

Post by Tweedy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:14 am

Beth wrote:There currently isn't a way to force a check in from a user's computer. I have a feature request I can add your "vote" to if you'd like.
Hi Beth, was a feature like this ever added? I know it would be a big time saver for me and my company.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 am

This hasn't made it into the product yet. The best option is to use the Vault admin web page to force an undo check out, or if people have access to the user's machine, they can check in the changes themselves.

I can add your vote for the feature so that the developers are aware there is still interest.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support