An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of ...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rsnarski

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of ...

Post by rsnarski » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:09 am

Can anybody help me with the following error message? I get this when I try to logon to the Vault client.

[VaultDbException:Error in the application.]
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultAdminServiceAPI.GetSerialNums(String& sid, VaultStringColl& SNs, String& Key) +126
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.RefreshLicenses(HttpApplicationState theApp) +83
VaultService.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +602
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState() +525
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +697
System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

Thanks!
-rich

Mike Dimmick

Check database connection?

Post by Mike Dimmick » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:37 am

As a first guess, check that the database server is running and that the Vault database connection string is correct.

You can find the connection string in Web.config in the web service's directory on the web server (typically C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\Web.config). Look for <add key="ConnectString" at the end of the file.

You may also find some useful information in Vault's log file. You can normally find this at c:\windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log (or c:\winnt if the server is running Windows 2000).