Bug: Shutdown request hangs Vault client

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mordachai

Post by Mordachai » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:07 pm

This is running under Windows 8 x64 - an installer requested a restart (which I stupidly interpreted as "restart the app, not REBOOT - stupid, stupid programmers / UI designer for misnaming reboot as restart) - which I accepted, but then got the "the following programs refuse to close" screen. I cancelled the reboot, but now the Vault client appears to be hung.

I cannot see the window (it is minimized), it won't respond to mouse commands, nothing. Appears not to be processing the download it was in the middle of (get latest on a large project - it was 35% complete when the reboot was issued and aborted).

Clearly, it is not handling the shut down request properly. Perhaps it has a dialog window underneath its main window that has the main window in a locked state? Not sure, but can't find any such dialog, nor any way to cause the thing to either shut down or resume. So killing it seems to be required.

Beth

Re: Bug: Shutdown request hangs Vault client

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Thank you for reporting this. I will log a bug.

What program were you installing that it required a reboot of Windows?

F: 16792
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Mordachai

Re: Bug: Shutdown request hangs Vault client

Post by Mordachai » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm

I was installing Visual Studio 2012.

Microsoft decided that "restart" looks less ominous than "reboot", would be my bet. lol - it does, because IT MEANS SOMETHING LESS OMINOUS. Sigh... ;)