Force Checkin From Client GUI

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jacook

Force Checkin From Client GUI

Post by Jacook » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:13 pm

We couldnt get around the Error 400 from earlier so we reinstalled the machine. Now we have an exclusively lock file and wish to check it in. However we cant find out how to force it to do this. Is there a feature that does this or am I going to have to create extra files with different names?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:27 pm

I think that I'm confused as to what is going on, so I'm going to try to restate the problem.

You have a file that you can't check in (because of the Error 400 bad request). Only one client machine has this problem. Is it possible to undo the checkout using the admin tool and check the file in from a different machine?

Are all your client machines getting the Error 400? Does your server's event log give any indication as to what the problem is? Feel free to email me using the link below with your phone number and we'll try to get this figured out.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:28 pm

From the Vault client, the user who checked out the file exclusively is the only user who can check it back in (or undo the checkout). Vault keeps track of which machine the file was checked out to, and where it is on disk; you may be prevented from checking in the file unless you try to check it in from the same place it was checked out.

In the Admin tool, you can undo the checkout for this single file.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`