The ONLY feature missing? Dreamweaver Integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Please add one more vote... Dreamweaver support is a big issue for me too.
gabriel magana-gonzalez

rohancragg

Dreamweaver Integration

Post by rohancragg » Wed May 04, 2005 8:50 am

Yep, we'd like it too

:D

shenderson

Dreamweaver integration

Post by shenderson » Thu May 19, 2005 2:11 pm

At Match.com Domestic we use Vault. However, our entire international team will not switch to Vault until they get Dreamweaver integration because they have local designers in each country that use DW. They are looking at a competing product (ngSource) that has Dreamweaver and .NET IDE integration instead.

I would REALLY like to see them move over to our Vault corporate server, but I can't convince them without the DW integration. This could be a huge opportunity for Sourcegear to get more licenses from Match as a whole.

Anyway, put us one the list. We definitely will use the feature and it will also increase your sales.

Thanks,

Shane Henderson
Technical Director, Match.com Domestic

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 19, 2005 2:17 pm

Duly noted.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

matzen

Post by matzen » Mon May 23, 2005 6:08 am

add +1 on the list of customers looking forward to see DW integration

m0digital

Post by m0digital » Thu May 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Definitely another +1.
I am a cs student at purdue university and the wonderful folks at SourceGear were nice enough to donate a few licenses for a project that I was working on. I looked into many different cvs solutions and I have fallen in love w/ Vault. I recommend it at just about everywhere I work. I have worked on a lot of Cold Fusion projects using DW and would absolutely love to have Vault integration w/ DW. I think that would make it complete for me, in addition to the anticipated support of VS2k5. :)

Thanks SourceGear!

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Thu May 26, 2005 3:38 pm

LOL, I imagine SourceGear people are looking for a way to put the DW integration in just to get rid of this thread! :)
gabriel magana-gonzalez

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Thu May 26, 2005 6:54 pm

gmagana wrote:LOL, I imagine SourceGear people are looking for a way to put the DW integration in just to get rid of this thread! :)
Bingo.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

gsieber

Dreamweaver integration would be great

Post by gsieber » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:02 pm

Put it this way. We really like Vault, but if a similar product came along that included Dreamweaver integration, we would switch.

Dreamweaver is prevelant and used on many majoe project for the deaign and management of the UI. We really need this integration.

Also, we have implemented a policy were all V studio project files are only to be checked in/out via Vstudio Vault integration. This means anyone wanting to edit controlled files in Dreamweaver has to first load V Studio, then check out the file, then edit in DW, then check back in using V Studio. It is ridiculous, but is eliminates issues we have had with the V Studio project files.

Some of the people that use V Studio in this capacity are only HTML and graphics, but we buy them expensive V Studio licenses just for source control. The DW integration would be worth some money to us.

JK

Post by JK » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:41 pm

YAVDWI - (Yet Another Vote for Dreamweaver Integration)

The development team really wants to use Vault due to some great features but the design team uses Dreamweaver because it manages dependencies within a site really well (change or move a file or link and Dreamweaver asks if you want to update all files pointing to it, can apply templates to pages and the template source is amended to the location of the file relative to the hierarchy of the site, find-and-replace site wide etc.). Using Vault kills most of the most beneficial features of Dreamweaver and the alternative is the dreck known as Frontpage (booo).

Since this makes Vault unusable in our production work flow, we're forced to look for an alternative, Source Safe. The development team would rather use Vault.

I think this particular feature addition would help your market penetration and likely help your revenues more so than many others you may be currently considering. We won't be buy Vault until we can use it with both .NET IDE and Dreamweaver, that's too bad.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:13 pm

It's on the wish list. :D

The wish list is very long. :(

I'll add your "vote." Thanks!
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

antiexe

Another Dreamweaver User

Post by antiexe » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:40 am

Add a vote for me as well.

Visual Studio is nice for coding away at VB/C#, but its HTML designer is horriable. So we tend to use Dreamweaver to modify the HTML documents in our web projects and use VS.NET to modify the code behinds.

Hydrogen

My vote

Post by Hydrogen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:44 pm

I'd lke to take this opportunity to vote for Dreamweaver MX integration as well. We have a few clients that develop some significant web applications (one of them is actually well known) using ColdFusion MX, who's IDE is obviously Dreamweaver.

Sadly, one of them doesn't even have an SCM solution in place. Nonetheless, I can't get any of them to switch to the Vault which we have steered many of our VS.NET based clients to over the years.

Please count my vote! Is the integration that difficult? This thread has been running for two years!

ericsink

Re: My vote

Post by ericsink » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:35 pm

Hydrogen wrote:Is the integration that difficult? This thread has been running for two years!
Difficulty is not the issue.

I don't have anything to announce yet, but I can say this: This feature is being taken seriously, and this thread is the primary reason why.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

Dreamweaver Integration

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:01 pm

Please, we have a whole team of designers that are willing and able to jump into this opportunity if only they were integrated!

Thanks!

Freddy Guime
Software Architect
Center For the Advancement of Distance Education
University of Illinois at Chicago