Cannot drag-drop from Windows Explorer

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

teschste

Cannot drag-drop from Windows Explorer

Post by teschste » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Recently, though I am not certain when it started, I have been having problems dragging/dropping files from Windows Explorer into Vault, which is the primary method I have always used to add new items to Vault Standard.

After doing some testing, I have come up with the following general observations:

- When dragging from a root level folder (local or network), when the Add Files/folders window appears, no items are listed to be added. In this case, if the item being dropped is a folder, the folders are listed to be added but none of the files within those folders.
- When dragging from a network location that is not mapped to a drive, which includes my "My Documents" folder (our personal folders are all mapped to network locations for central backup), it is hit and miss. Sometimes the folders/files to be added will be listed and other times, only the folders will be.

We have tried this on several PC's in the department and I have Admin level access to the repository so I am at a loss as to why this is no longer working as smoothly as it once did.

Suggestions?

Beth

Re: Cannot drag-drop from Windows Explorer

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:56 am

Could you open your Vault or Fortress GUI client, connect to a repository, select Help - Technical Support, and copy the information from there to me?

Have you had any Windows updates lately?

Does your machine get rebooted ever?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

teschste

Post by teschste » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:03 am

My PC gets rebooted every day (shut off in the evening and turned on in the morning).

We get regular Windows updates pushed to our PC's by our IT department.

The requested support information is below though I am not sure why it only shows me running .NET Framework 2, since I also have .NET Frameworks 4 and 4.5 loaded as well.

Client Information
Vault Standard Client Version: 9.0.0.452
.NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.5485
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack: 1.0
OS Version: 6.1.7601
Total Physical Memory: 3.9 GB
Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Server Information
Server Version: 9.0.0.452
.NET Framework Version: 4.0.30319.18449
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
Service Pack: 0.0
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Timezone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
SQL Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.2100.60 (X64)

License Information
1 serial number(s):
1 of 1: 10 full users, permanent

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Can you try upgrading to the Vault 9.1 client (http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/downloads.html) to see if that resolves the issue? Note, you can upgrade the client without upgrading the server in this case.

See the "Windows GUI Client" fixes in http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/release ... d/9.1.html for additional information.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

teschste

Post by teschste » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:39 am

It interesting that this is documented as a new feature, since I know I used to be able to do this, so from my perspective it is more of a fix. Nevertheless, upgrading to Vault Client 9.1 did resolve the issue. Thanks!

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:21 pm

The Release Notes are a summary of what was changed in the release. I've modified the notes to clarify that particular change was a fix. Thanks for the feedback.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear