Retrieve "Share Links" information via command line client?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

andy3331

Retrieve "Share Links" information via command line client?

Post by andy3331 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:44 am

I've done a bit of searching and have not been able to find away to access the "Share Links' information via the command line. I'd like to be able to retrieve the links of a file via the command line so that I am then aware of what projects I need to label. Is there some way to accomplish this task?

I tried the history command -includeactions share but this seems to simply just tell me whether the file was shared at some point and is not helpful to me. I need a list that contains all of the information available on the sharelinks screen in the File properties UI. Is there a way to do this or an alternate means for me to accomplish the task of knowing all projects where a file is shared to? I could possibly search all projects for the file but that seems as though it will be horribly inefficient.

Any ideas or am I missing something obvious?

Beth

Re: Retrieve "Share Links" information via command line clie

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:26 pm

The command-line doesn't have a way to just list all shares. The history command is one option.

Another option is to right-click on share in the Vault repository and select Properties. Click on the Share Links tab and it will show you all the places where that item is shared.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support