Eclipse Plugin Installation

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bytemaster

Eclipse Plugin Installation

Post by bytemaster » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:26 pm

I am trying to install the Vault plugin in Eclipse. My version of Eclipse is cpp-Neon. My version of Vault Standard is 6.1.0(531). I have tried to install via the update manager as well as a manual installation. Both yielded the same result (see screenshot). I get an installation error. I am using the plugin suggested for my version of Vault and I manually downloaded the Vault_EclipsePlugin_ManualInstall_6_1_0_531.zip. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
2016-12-07 15_22_22-workspace - PyDev - LDC COntroller_SP7_comm.py - Eclipse.png
2016-12-07 15_22_22-workspace - PyDev - LDC COntroller_SP7_comm.py - Eclipse.png (32.1 KiB) Viewed 13973 times

Beth

Re: Eclipse Plugin Installation

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Which operating system are you running?

The most likely issue is that Neon came out years after Vault 6.x. The last version of Vault 6.x was released in 2012, which would mean it was tested with Eclipse Juno.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

bytemaster

Post by bytemaster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 pm

This was seen before with other combinations of Eclipse and Vault. You will want to match the version of Vault with the approximate Eclipse version for that year.

Vault 4.0.6 - 2007 - Europa
Vault 4.1.x - 2008 - Ganymede
Vault 5.0.4 - 2009 - Galileo
Vault Std 5.1 - 2010 - Helios
Vault Std 6.1 - 2012 - Indigo & Juno
Vault Std 7.2 - 2013 - Kepler
Vault Std 8.x - 2014 - Luna
Vault Std 9.x - 2015 - Mars

The most likely one to work with Neon would be Vault 9, which I have on my list to try out.

I will still get a test run with your scenario, but I suspect the results might be the same as yours.

Since you are on Windows 7, you have the option to use the Vault GUI client to check out and check in files. If you don't wish to bother with check outs, you could use CVS mode which would allow you to just perform your edits, and then you can commit the Pending Change Set in the Vault client when you are done.
Beth Kieler

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:12 am

A quick addendum. Vault 10 has been tested with Eclipse Neon and Oxygen.

Vault 9x - 2016 Neon
Vault 10.x - 2017 - Oxygen

Note, this is not an all inclusive list, but rather these are the latest versions at the time of this post.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:18 am

We are attempting to connect Eclipse to Vault for the first time in our organization.
In the checks that were done (re: Vault 10 has been tested with Eclipse Neon and Oxygen.), what operating system and java and bit version (32/64) were used for the 'client'?

Here’s our specs and error message from our tester:

Our Vault is currently 'Standard 9.1.0 (854)'.

The Eclipse version that should work is 'Neon(3)'. (I've tried 'Mars(2)' and Oxygen also with the same error.)

The Vault plug-in version that should work is: http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/9.1/update/
(from http://sourcegear.com/vault/download-pl ... st_eclipse).

My java version is (new, and non-gcj):
'java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)'

OS of ‘client’: Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Was it tested on 32-bit? So should we be doing 32-bit versions of java and Eclipse instead?

Our error is consistent: 'The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Unable to connect to https://xxxx.xxxx.xxx/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL.'

Please note that our network connections work flawlessly for connecting Visual Studio 2008 to Vault.

So is there some additional setting on the server side that's need to allow the Eclipse plugin to 'work' with Vault? Or do I need to reinstall 'java' and Eclipse with 32-bit versions?
Additional error message details upon request.

Thank you!

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:51 pm

The protocol error usually means you have the wrong version of Vault. Either you're trying to connect a Vault Professional client to a Vault Standard server, or vice versa, or you picked up the Vault 10 client and are connecting to a Vault 9 server, or vice versa.
Beth Kieler

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am

I wish that were the case. That is not the case though.

The error message is below. In the error log I now see some things worth investigating (that I did not see on Friday).
Apparently there are some eclipse setup variables that could easily be affecting version control.

The server and client are definitely on Vault 9 Standard. Our client version is 9.1.0 (584) Standard. Our admin just wrote back that the server is 9 Standard.

Again, Visual Studio 2012 connects just fine, and this only happens with Eclipse. And we are using all posted recommended connections for Eclipse (including the 9 Standard connection rather than 9 Pro at
http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/9.1/update/)... at least those that I've found.

As is probably implied, I am new to Eclipse. So any setup issues in connecting it to Vault (which are not included by default or in the instructions) will not be known to me.

I'll see if I can affect the eclipse HOME variable, and if that helps. Trying that next. Thank you.

"!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-09-08 11:00:02.081
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\mmorris'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.767
!MESSAGE The debug port 9000 is in use. Please select a different port for the debugger.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.774
!MESSAGE Could not open a broadcast port on: 20080 (port might be in use). Please select a different port number

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.782
!MESSAGE The debug port 10137 is in use. Please select a different port for the debugger.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2017-09-08 11:06:23.250
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.sourcegear.vault.team.wizards.LoginWizardPage.AttemptLogin(LoginWizardPage.java:45)
at com.sourcegear.vault.team.wizards.LoginWizardPage.onPageFinished(LoginWizardPage.java:74)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.wizard.ExtendedWizardPage.getNextPage(ExtendedWizardPage.java:123)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:869)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:419)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:618)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.openWizard(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:227)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.shareProjects(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:127)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction$1.run(ConfigureProjectAction.java:41)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction$3.run(TeamAction.java:276)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:272)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction.execute(ConfigureProjectAction.java:34)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:532)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.runWithEvent(TeamAction.java:568)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:237)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: System.Exception: The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXXl/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception: ---> System.Exception: Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXX/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception:
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:38)
at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.Login(Unknown Source)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Login(Unknown Source)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4163)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4301)
at com.sourcegear.vault.ui.commands.ConnectCommand.doRun(ConnectCommand.java:86)
at com.cdesg.core.command.Command.run(Command.java:80)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

at com.sourcegear.vault.ui.commands.ConnectCommand.doRun(ConnectCommand.java:86)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:67)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:45)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4174)

at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.access$100(Exception.jvm.cs:61422)
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:45)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4174)
... 1 more
Caused by: System.Exception: Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXX/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception:

at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.access$000(Exception.jvm.cs:61422)
... 5 more
"

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am

mmorris,

I just noticed we're getting some cross-over here on unrelated issues. Could you please take the Eclipse posts from "Vault for Visual Studio Code" and the other posts in here into a new thread?

The issue you're reporting may be a bit different from the original posts of each of those threads.

Thanks
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear