Brach via command line (Modification Time)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

VaultUser675

Brach via command line (Modification Time)

Post by VaultUser675 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:59 am

Hi there,

i have a question regarding the branch via command line (vault.exe). Is there any option to set the option "Use Source Modification Time" (like in the GUI-Client)? I want to branch periodically multiple folders, and i need to keep the information of the last modification date of each file. Otherwise this information is lost, and if you work with the filesystem you have no chance to recognize which files have been really modified. I need this information for further file processing and for transparency reasons.

I use FinalBuilder as the build-tool which then calls the command line executable of Vault.
The Vault version is: 9.1.0.584

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Beth

Re: Brach via command line (Modification Time)

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:59 pm

We currently don't have the option to change the branch time in the command line client. I can enter a feature request for you for that functionality.

F: 19735
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

VaultUser675

Post by VaultUser675 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 am

Beth wrote:We currently don't have the option to change the branch time in the command line client. I can enter a feature request for you for that functionality.

F: 19735
Hi Beth,

thank you for your feedback. Too bad. How can i access this feature request respectively the probability of the implementation? Do you have any suggestions for alternatives?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 am

I just found where they had something related to this scheduled.

If you need something now, then in our Vault client API is the CLC code. You could make your own CLC, and use the ChangeSetItem_CopyBranch constructor, which can set a boolean flag to use the source control's modification time for the timestamp.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support