Keep Last Search Criteria - Vault 9.1.0 (Build 584)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

McFloyd

Keep Last Search Criteria - Vault 9.1.0 (Build 584)

Post by McFloyd » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi, how can Vault 9 standard maintain the search criteria used in the previous tree branch?

Last version of Vault I used (5.x) allowed to define the criteria, then i could move from one branch to the next and it would automatically refresh the search results based on the branch I selected. In other words, it would show me, if I checked the option, what files under the selected branch matched that criteria.

If I didn't check the option to automatically update, my past search would remain in place until I performed a new search.

With Vault 9.0 i need to manually create the criteria (not just search, but create the criteria again) for every branch I move to. If I move away, my criteria is lost.

I loved that feature but it looks like it was removed for some strange reason.

Looks like Vault is going backwards.

Beth

Re: Keep Last Search Criteria - Vault 9.1.0 (Build 584)

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

On the first part where you could just click around with the search running, we are looking at adding a Search in the right-click menu so that it's faster to run search from different areas of the tree.

On the saved Search details, those do stay in Vault 9.1.0 client, unless you change repositories. If you are losing them, I'll need a very specific set of actions that causes this for you. I can't recreate it.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

splendidcrm

Post by splendidcrm » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:41 pm

I just upgraded from version 7.2 to 10.0 and I'm starting to regret that decision for one simple reason, and it was this change to search that was it. As the original post mentions, the ability to have the search results refresh as I navigate the tree is a critical feature. You need to add this back immediately. Yes, I do see the F3 or Search context menu, but I need it to be less work than that. I manage changes across many projects that share files and I need a quick check to see that a particular project has the latest files. Using F3 makes a previous action that was a single mouse click and turns it into a mouse click, F3 key and Enter key. It may not sound like a big difference, but it is a killer. It kind of makes me want to drop back to 7.2 and never upgrade again.
Paul Rony
SplendidCRM Software, Inc.
<a href="http://www.splendidcrm.com">http://www.splendidcrm.com</a>

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am

Try using Shift-F3, which will auto-run the same search, or in the right-click menu just below the Search is the option to Run Last Search on Selected Folder. You don't have to bring up the search options window again.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support