Find in Files - The username or password supplied is invalid

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

clarkec21

Find in Files - The username or password supplied is invalid

Post by clarkec21 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 am

Hi

Upgraded to 9.1.0 (584) last week and have noticed an issue with "Find In Files".
Logged onto Admin console to turn off and purge and nothing happened but no errors. When I looked in the vaultindexservice.txt file is showing the following:
07/03/2017 16:24:29 <generic>: Could not contact the server at http://127.0.0.1/VaultService for repository id 8. The username or password supplied is invalid.
07/03/2017 16:24:29 <generic>: Removing index data for repository id "8"
I notice the encrypted "admin" password in the web.config file in the following locations differs:
  • C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultIndexService (BVZ8ZoywHSQypP6mVHe/r5Qf6MhvYIYV)
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder (StxFpqI2es7NjhbdJQ9l2Wu4Uy2zFEt0)
I also notice that the notify service
  • C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultNotifyService
seems to be having errors in vaultnotifyservice.txt:
07/03/2017 16:53:01 <generic>: [System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'sgvaultuser'.
I did try using the password from the shadow file in the index file but got more authentication errors.

Would someone be able to offer some help?
FYI I am not the administrator for the server so did not perform the upgrade, not sure what the process was.

Thanks
Craig

Beth

Re: Find in Files - The username or password supplied is inv

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:43 am

Look in the web.config file under Vault service. Towards the bottom are several SQL connect strings. Make sure that all are using sgvaultuser and have the same password. Then check the web.config in the notify folder for any SQL connect strings as well.

When done making changes, perform an IIS reset or recycle the application pools.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

clarkec21

Post by clarkec21 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 am

Thanks Beth

We updated both the index and notify config files and both services started up fine - Issue resolved!!

I have however noticed that in the Admin console Server Settings > Vault Standard Plugins the "Test Web Service" facility now gives errors as per output below, should we be concerned?:
Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /VaultIndexService/VaultIndexService.asmx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1590.0

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 am

In Vault Standard you need to have 3 plugins total.

Source Code Control http://127.0.0.1/VaultNotifyService/Vau ... rvice.asmx VaultNotifyService.VaultNotifyService
Source Code Control http://127.0.0.1/VaultIndexService/Vaul ... rvice.asmx VaultIndexService.VaultIndexService
Source Code Control http://127.0.0.1/VaultShadowFolder/Vaul ... rvice.asmx VaultShadowFolder.VaultShadowFolderService

Check that your entries are similar. You can change 127.0.0.1 if you prefer.

You can remove any labeled as False.

If it still fails, check the Application Pools in your IIS Manager to make sure all are running.
Beth Kieler

clarkec21

Post by clarkec21 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks again Beth

We have the 2 plugins pointing to 127.0.0.1, the shadow one is "localhost" - I assume this is fine?

In IIS Manager how do I know they are running, and if not do we simply start them?

Craig

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Localhost and 127.0.0.1 is ok to use as long as they point to the website under which Vault is installed. Some users have those disabled on the server or pointing to a different website. If they aren't working, try replacing 127.0.0.1 with what you use when connecting with a Vault client.

In the IIS Manager, there is a tiny icon on the application pools that aren't running. You can also click on an application pool, and then in the right-side column is a link for Recycle. It doesn't look exciting, but you can click Recycle on each one. If they fail to start, it will give you an error. If nothing happens, then it's fine.
Beth Kieler

clarkec21

Post by clarkec21 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:51 am

Thanks again Beth - however recycling the pools had no effect on the "Test Web Service" still getting an error
Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /VaultIndexService/VaultIndexService.asmx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1590.0