Issue with the "other users may have trouble" error

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

eday69

Issue with the "other users may have trouble" error

Post by eday69 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 am

Vault Standard: 9.1.0.

So I've read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9672#p39467 about the problem that causes the "other users may have trouble opening this solution" message. However my folder structure doesn't appear like shown in the FAQ. It's basically a copy of what we currently have in Vault already so the folder structure is identical save a few name changes.

I'm not sure how to get this solution into vault without receiving that message. I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact it's a copy of a production project, but I really can't see anything in the configuration that would cause this.

Is there anything else I can check or look into? Shall I ignore the message? I don't want to do because this is the dev project that other devs will need to use more often than the production so I worry they won't be able to open and use it.

Any help is appreciated.
Erika Day

jclausius

Re: Issue with the "other users may have trouble" error

Post by jclausius » Thu May 04, 2017 10:31 am

Can you double check that within each project of the solution, if there is project or a reference to any linked file in any project that appears in a different directory other than the solution's directory or any of the solution's sub-directories?

In general the 'other users' warning occurs when something is in a path that exists 'outside' the solution. For example, if D:\workspace\solutionA\ is the working folder, there are no sub-paths / sub-projects that exist outside of 'D:\workspace\solutionA\*'
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

eday69

Post by eday69 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 am

Still having the same issue.

The first thing I did was make an entirely new project since I had copied the previous one from a working version. I created a new project, added files and setup like the old project just with new names. Still couldn't add to Vault without the notification. Cleaned solution still same issue.

Then I took out all references and re-added them locally or using the framework on the machine. Still couldn't add to vault without the notification.

It's pretty simple as far as I know. It's just 1 solution with 1 project. Nothing that I can see references anything outside of that project. I'm not sure where to look next. I've never had this problem before and I've added a ton of solutions to vault in my day.

Any help is appreciated.
Erika

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue May 09, 2017 1:02 pm

I'd like to take a closer look at this. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu May 11, 2017 9:30 am

As a follow up to this case, everything worked fine and the solution can be opened by others just find. I am unsure why it may have been complaining. I imagine it might have picked up on the fact that there was another solution file in the same folder.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support