Unable to check in one ornery file

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

martillodecampo

Re: Unable to check in one ornery file

Post by martillodecampo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi Jeff,

No, unfortunately it hasn't been. This particular project has been on hold so there hasn't been a lot of pressure to get this resolved and I haven't had the time to work on it. I'm planning on running some tests this weekend.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 am

OK. Thanks for the update.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

martillodecampo

Post by martillodecampo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 am

I'm unable to login to the Vault demo server at http://vaultdemo.sourcegear.com using a number of combinations of "guest" and a number. The developer tools in both Chrome and IE are reporting syntax errors...

martillodecampo

Post by martillodecampo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:57 am

i was able to resolve this by running the Vault client on the same server where the Vault server is running. I updated the file on that server and checked it in - no problem.

martillodecampo

Post by martillodecampo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:19 pm

I ran into this problem again with a different file. I was able to resolve it this time by changing this:

Code: Select all

$(function(){[...]
to this:

Code: Select all

jQuery(document).ready(function)(){[...]
Who knows why that worked, but I thought you might find it interesting.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 am

What was changed? Are you saying you changed the contents of the file you are committing and it worked?

If so, that definitely points to some sort of active network process stopping the Vault file transfer. If you temporarily disable any virus protection or other network obstacles and it works, you'll need to configure it to make an exception for Vault's network traffic.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

martillodecampo

Post by martillodecampo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Hey Jeff,

Yes, the contents of the file determine whether or not I can check it in. There are some examples in the previous posts.

I submitted a ticket to Network Engineering for the network in question. They were unable to find any firewall rules or packet inspections or anything else that could have been causing the problem.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 am

This is a strange case you're encountering. Maybe you're past it now, if so, then you have a work around. In cases like this it is definitely something interfering with the traffic due to network inspection.

Are you still looking to resolve the issue? It could be something directly on your machine. Do you have a personal firewall or 'active' anti-virus/mal-ware piece running on your computer? You could try to temporarily disable it and try to see if that is the case?

We tried the file you uploaded with the Vault demo server ( Server: vaultdemo.sourcegear.com User: guest3, Pwd <same as user login>). It succeeded in our testing. Again, if you're still looking to resolve the matter, you could try that same file with vaultdemo.sourcegear.com to see if that succeeds from your location?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear