Groups - Reviewing User List

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

clange

Groups - Reviewing User List

Post by clange » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:42 am

We use groups to manage permissions. I need to review those groups to see if the lists of users are up to date.

On the admin web iste, from Groups, I go to Modify. This gives me a list of users and the ability to change the list, but the list only shows the logins. Is there a way to see the names of the users based on group? Or can this be added to a future version?

By the way, I'm running version 9.1, so if version 10 has any changes, just let me know.

Beth

Re: Groups - Reviewing User List

Post by Beth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:46 pm

It's currently only possible to see the user login name. I can enter a feature request to show the full name instead.

F:
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

TaylinAnderson

Post by TaylinAnderson » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Was this feature every implemented? After upgrading to Vault 10 and switching to use active directory groups, our users only see login ID's which adds extra steps and frustration when they are trying to see who is doing what.

Oddly enough, this only seems to work this way in the app. When I look at a file history, for example, in the web portal then I will see the users full name.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

This feature has not yet been implemented. We are currently working on Vault 11 and considering new features. I will make sure to add your vote to this feature request.

Thank you for the feedback.

Tonya