File/Folder Exclusions Bypassed

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

teschste

File/Folder Exclusions Bypassed

Post by teschste » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:40 pm

I am running Vault Standard Server and Client (both v10.0.0.736).

We have several file and folder exclusions setup for our repositories however:
  • If show non-version controlled items is turned on, the user can right-click them and choose to add them.
  • if the user drags a folder tree and or files from Windows Explorer onto Vault Client, any normally excluded item that is directly dragged will be uploaded, and any additional excluded items can be checked in the list to be uploaded.
Both of those bypass the exclusions set by the repository administrator. Humans being human, they more often than not uploading those items, even though they should not (training only goes so far I'm afraid).

Is there any way to enforce the file/folder exclusions without exception?

If not, I would like to request that as an option in the next version of Vault, so I do not have to have my repository administrators waste their time monitoring for, and manually deleting, items that should have been excluded.

Thanks!

Beth

Re: File/Folder Exclusions Bypassed

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm

If show non-version controlled items is turned on, the user can right-click them and choose to add them.
This is by design as some users want some types excluded by default, but not a hard stop. That will take a feature request.
if the user drags a folder tree and or files from Windows Explorer onto Vault Client, any normally excluded item that is directly dragged will be uploaded, and any additional excluded items can be checked in the list to be uploaded.
I just retested this and it is working. It added folders, but did not add .dll files. Yes, one can click on thing to force excluded items into Vault. This would be another feature request.

F: 19878
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support