Issue Setting up Eclipse IDE for Vault 9.1.0 Standard

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mmorris

Issue Setting up Eclipse IDE for Vault 9.1.0 Standard

Post by mmorris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 am

Combining items from two threads per request of jclausius.

Apologies that my initial submissions were not on a new thread. I was trying to post on similar topic(s) (and not create a new thread unduly).

I have several things to try based on the current feedback:

1) SSL for https (we are doing https, and I just saw jclausius's note on this)
2) the HOME setting for eclipse (and possibly other eclipse settings).
3) fresh project with no git bindings
(and possibly some other gems that jclausius left lying around I'll need to test)

I plan to attempt these modifications Tuesday morning, 9/12/17. I'm having some telecommute issues today.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Sincerely,
mmorris

-------------------------------------------------------
From most recent to the original:
---------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am
On Both threads: 'Vault for Visual Studio Code' and 'Eclipse Plugin Installation'
By: jclausius

mmorris,

I just noticed we're getting some cross-over here on unrelated issues. Could you please take the Eclipse posts from "Vault for Visual Studio Code" and the other posts in here into a new thread?

The issue you're reporting may be a bit different from the original posts of each of those threads.

Thanks
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am
On Thread: Eclipse Plugin Installation
By: mmorris

I wish that were the case. That is not the case though.

The error message is below. In the error log I now see some things worth investigating (that I did not see on Friday).
Apparently there are some eclipse setup variables that could easily be affecting version control.

The server and client are definitely on Vault 9 Standard. Our client version is 9.1.0 (584) Standard. Our admin just wrote back that the server is 9 Standard.

Again, Visual Studio 2012 connects just fine, and this only happens with Eclipse. And we are using all posted recommended connections for Eclipse (including the 9 Standard connection rather than 9 Pro at
http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/9.1/update/)... at least those that I've found.

As is probably implied, I am new to Eclipse. So any setup issues in connecting it to Vault (which are not included by default or in the instructions) will not be known to me.

I'll see if I can affect the eclipse HOME variable, and if that helps. Trying that next. Thank you.

"!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-09-08 11:00:02.081
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\mmorris'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.767
!MESSAGE The debug port 9000 is in use. Please select a different port for the debugger.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.774
!MESSAGE Could not open a broadcast port on: 20080 (port might be in use). Please select a different port number

!ENTRY org.eclipse.php.debug.core 4 4 2017-09-08 11:00:02.782
!MESSAGE The debug port 10137 is in use. Please select a different port for the debugger.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2017-09-08 11:06:23.250
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.sourcegear.vault.team.wizards.LoginWizardPage.AttemptLogin(LoginWizardPage.java:45)
at com.sourcegear.vault.team.wizards.LoginWizardPage.onPageFinished(LoginWizardPage.java:74)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.wizard.ExtendedWizardPage.getNextPage(ExtendedWizardPage.java:123)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:869)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:419)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:618)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.openWizard(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:227)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.shareProjects(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:127)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction$1.run(ConfigureProjectAction.java:41)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction$3.run(TeamAction.java:276)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:272)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction.execute(ConfigureProjectAction.java:34)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:532)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.runWithEvent(TeamAction.java:568)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:237)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: System.Exception: The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXXl/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception: ---> System.Exception: Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXX/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception:
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:38)
at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.Login(Unknown Source)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Login(Unknown Source)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4163)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4301)
at com.sourcegear.vault.ui.commands.ConnectCommand.doRun(ConnectCommand.java:86)
at com.cdesg.core.command.Command.run(Command.java:80)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

at com.sourcegear.vault.ui.commands.ConnectCommand.doRun(ConnectCommand.java:86)
at com.cdesg.uihelper.command.RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.run(RunnableWithProgressCommandAdapter.java:67)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:45)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4174)

at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.access$100(Exception.jvm.cs:61422)
at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.ExceptionCtor(Exception.jvm.cs:45)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.Login(ServerOperations.cs:4174)
... 1 more
Caused by: System.Exception: Unable to connect to https://XXXX.XXXX.XXXX/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception:

at clr.System.ExceptionStaticWrapper.access$000(Exception.jvm.cs:61422)
... 5 more
"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:51 pm
By: Beth

The protocol error usually means you have the wrong version of Vault. Either you're trying to connect a Vault Professional client to a Vault Standard server, or vice versa, or you picked up the Vault 10 client and are connecting to a Vault 9 server, or vice versa.

--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:18 am

We are attempting to connect Eclipse to Vault for the first time in our organization.
In the checks that were done (re: Vault 10 has been tested with Eclipse Neon and Oxygen.), what operating system and java and bit version (32/64) were used for the 'client'?

Here’s our specs and error message from our tester:

Our Vault is currently 'Standard 9.1.0 (854)'.

The Eclipse version that should work is 'Neon(3)'. (I've tried 'Mars(2)' and Oxygen also with the same error.)

The Vault plug-in version that should work is: http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/9.1/update/
(from http://sourcegear.com/vault/download-pl ... st_eclipse).

My java version is (new, and non-gcj):
'java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)'

OS of ‘client’: Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Was it tested on 32-bit? So should we be doing 32-bit versions of java and Eclipse instead?

Our error is consistent: 'The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Unable to connect to https://xxxx.xxxx.xxx/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL.'

Please note that our network connections work flawlessly for connecting Visual Studio 2008 to Vault.

So is there some additional setting on the server side that's need to allow the Eclipse plugin to 'work' with Vault? Or do I need to reinstall 'java' and Eclipse with 32-bit versions?
Additional error message details upon request.

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am
On Thread: Vault for Visual Studio Code
Here's a test I just ran:

1) Verified Java on my Open SUSE (42.3) machine, which came pre-installed with OpenJDK (not Oracle's JDK):

jclausius:~> java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.4.0) (suse-11.1-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

2) Downloaded and uncompressed the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" 64-bit Oxygen package from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/

3) Started Eclipse Client, and Installed Vault Standard Client -> Help -> Install New Software -> "http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/latest/update", "Install Anyway", and restart Eclipse.

4) From the Project Explorer, I chose Team -> Share Project, and added the HelloWorld1 package to vaultdemo.sourcegear.com in the 'Initial Repository' at $/Eclipse/HelloWorld1/

Note, this is for non-SSL connectivity. If you're using SSL to connect to the Vault Server, please see http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10526 for configuring Java's keystore to accept SSL certificates.

5) On a Windows 7 machine, running Java 8 ( http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... #javasejdk ):

C:\Users\jclausius>java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

6) I downloaded and uncompressed the "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" 64-bit Oxygen package from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/

7) Started Eclipse Client, and Installed Vault Standard Client -> Help -> Install New Software -> "http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/latest/update", "Install Anyway", and restart Eclipse.

8 ) From the workbench's Package Explorer, Team -> Import Dialog... Team -> Project from Vault -> Next.

9) Use one of the 'guestX' accounts, and vaultdemo.sourcegear.com from Initial Repository -> $/Eclipse/HelloWorld1/

Again, this is for non-SSL connectivity. If you're using SSL to connect to the Vault Server, please see http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10526 for configuring Java's keystore to accept SSL certificates.

I was able to GET, CHECKOUT, MODIFY and commit files from there.

-----------------

Can you use your Eclipse client, and do a Import on the $/Eclipse/HelloWorld1/ project on your end using your installed Vault Standard plug-in? Scratch that. I see you're using Vault 9.1, so you won't be able to connect to the Vault demo server. Do my instructions regarding Sharing and Importing help out?

Did you start out with a fresh project with no GIT bindings?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:03 am

Well, both Mars(2) and Oxygen versions of the Eclipse had the same error, so the 'Eclipse' route is kind of running out of options.

Option 1) Issue is on server side not accepting connection?
Option 2) Issue is related to the 'gcj' java issue? Though the notice associated 'gcj' java with Linux, not Windows. 'Our Eclipse plugin is incompatible with gcj versions of Java (the default that comes with most Linux distributions). We recommend running Eclipse with a Sun JRE (version 1.4.2 or newer).' I'm using Oracle java; so I'll check if that is 'gcj' or not.
Option 3) Manually create a '.log' file to hopefully start getting the error logs.

My PC's OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

Using Vault Standard 9.1.x (which is my only option currently), I'm getting the following error for both Mars(2) and Eclipse:
'An unknown error occurred during the login process. Please check the Eclipse error log for exceptions (<workspace>/.metadata/.log').'

However, the .log directory (or file) is not getting written, so I have no clue what the error is.

I did notice that the initial installation made .metadata and subfolders 'Read-only'. But, removing the 'read-only' from .metadata (and subfolders) did not help.

Strangely (or perhaps not), I can't (yet) create a '.log' subdirectory (or any directory starting in '.') in Windows 10. I'm hoping that if I can create the '.log' subdirectory maybe I'll start getting useful error messages there. There's obviously some way to do that (since the '.metadata' folder did get created); probably a powershell or cmd prompt with Admin privileges.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:22 pm (for some reason, I missed this til now, and will try)

Do you need to connect to the Vault Server using SSL?

If so, there's a bit of extra configuration needed to get the certificate in to the Java keystore. See viewtopic.php?t=10526 for addt'l info.

Also note, Vault 9/10 will also work with Eclipse Neon and Eclipse Oxygen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:09 am

OK, well after additional research it turns out the Vault is integrated with an IDE which will work with php, Eclipse. So while it would be nice to get Vault working with Visual Studio Code, I'll try anything available at this point.

I haven't got it completely working yet, but I've contacted our IT department (with respect to the servers). It could be that our Vault server is currently set up exclusively for VS2008, (and because it's not expecting an Eclipse connection, not allowing it).

Downloading and setting up Eclipse required installing the 64-bit Java from Oracle (on my 64-bit machine). Otherwise, Eclipse (64-bit) wouldn't work at all. If you have a 32-bit machine, just download 32-bit versions.

At least currently (9/7/17), here are the Vault-Eclipse plug-in links:

Downloading Vault plug-in for eclipse:
http://sourcegear.com/vault/download-pl ... st_eclipse

Check your Vault version!
The Standard connectors are below the PRO ones, so if use are using Vault Standard/Pro, try not to download the Pro/Standard plug-in.

Which version of eclipse/'vault plug-in' is important too:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22811&p=78243&hilit=eclipse#p78243

Starting with Eclipse (when using Vault):
https://sourcegear.com/vault/documentat ... ngstarted/

Currently I'm stuck when trying to log in to Vault, but am contacting the folks that maintain our Vault server here.

Although on rereading the important info in
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22811&p=78243&hilit=eclipse#p78243
it looks like I installed the newest version of Eclipse (Oxygen), and I should have installed Mars instead (since we have a 9.1 version of Vault Standard).

So uninstalling Eclipse Oxygen, and installing Eclipse Mars next.

------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm

I also would find Vault integration with Visual Studio Code useful. We inherited some php code which we are maintaining in Visual Studio Code. For the php code, I'd been using GitHub for version control (since we couldn't figure out how to hook up Vault to VS Code)... and VS2012 (which we do have connected to Vault) doesn't seem at all php-friendly.

We primarily work with C# which we maintain in Vault with Visual Studio 2012. (I'm sure at some point we'll upgrade to VS2015 or VS2017, but I don't get to choose that.) Vault is our primary version control system, so it would be incredibly nice to have the php code also stored in Vault.

Though I like VSCode as an IDE for php, I don't mind switching IDEs if it would get my php 'connected' to Vault. Are there any IDE's supported by SourceGear for php?

It's a bit hard to search for 'php' support on this bulletin board (since the bulletin board itself is using php). It's a bit like doing a keyword search for 'the'.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
mmorris

jclausius

Re: Issue Setting up Eclipse IDE for Vault 9.1.0 Standard

Post by jclausius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks!

I'm hopeful the SSL keystore is the culprit here. It is the one piece out of the box that the installation cannot do. Hopefully the KB article plainly explains the steps required for connectivity.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 am

Should I delete my posts in the 2 other threads?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:21 am

Nah... If someone complains we went off tangent, we can always clean it up later.

The thread you started here is perfect. Thanks!
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Made an attempt today. Having trouble completing step1 of http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10526.

When that was written back in 2008, there were plenty of ways to easily do step 1. However, now the certificates are not so easily downloaded directly from the browser. Mostly that is now prevented (as a security precaution, maybe?). Tried Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I am trying to use 'openssl' (as in the answer by gbroiles on: https://superuser.com/questions/97201/h ... -as-a-file).

However, my attempt to utilize openssl has not been successful so far. I've never used 'openssl' before, so could easily be 'newbie' error. It looks like I'll need to download something called nmap just to figure out what ports are available.

Hopefully our admins will be able to just send me a copy of the certificate.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I have updated that link with instructions for Firefox and Chrome. Does that help?

The 'openssl' method should work, but will require you to have access to that utility.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Got the certificate with your updated instructions.
Thank you!

I think I was close. In that process, Chrome updated from 60 to 61, and this time 'View Certificate' worked and 'Copy to File' was now clickable. (In my previous attempts, it seemed like 'Copy to File' was always grey and un-clickable.)

I'll try the rest of the process tomorrow.

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

Getting some errors on step 3 of http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10526

I think the syntax of the 'keytool' is varying with java version, and maker (which seems logical). Currently using Oracle Java (which you, jclausius, also tried, so I'm not sure where my error lies).

java version "1.8.0_144"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

Basic attempt:
keytool -keystore <c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\lib\security\cacerts> -importcert -file <c:\Users\mmorris\Documents\ServerCertificateVaultDER.cer>
Error:
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

If I remove the brackets off of both, I get:
keytool -keystore c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_144\lib\security\cacerts -importcert -file c:\Users\mmorris\Documents\ServerCertificateVaultDER.cer
Error:
'keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

If I remove the brackets off the last, but not the first, it gets a bit more interesting (I also move both files into the same directory; it simplifies the command, and should be irrelevant; I tested both with and without full pathnames):
keytool -keystore <cacerts> -importcert -file ServerCertificateVaultDER.cer
Error:
Access is denied.

I went back and ran my cmd tool as Administrator, and also explicitly (temporarily) changed the write privileges on my cacerts to be 'writable' for mmorris (and modifiable). Still, access is denied.

The 'keytool' technotes on Oracle are a bit dense (and no example blatantly relevant), so I'm taking time to absorb that.
(http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/te ... ytool.html)

Thank you for your time and help.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 am

1) The angle brackets in the example are place holders. I've updated the example, replacing the brackets with double quotes. Also note, on Windows, the double quotes will be necessary if any of the paths you enter (for example the path to cacerts) contain spaces.

2) 'keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

This means the program 'keytool' is not in your program directory or not on your path. Find the 'keytool' binary file in your Java install. And then either change to that directory in the command line, or add that path to launch keytool.

For example:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\bin\keytool.exe" -keystore "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\lib\security\cacerts" -importcert -file "c:\Users\dummyuser\Desktop\VaultCertificate.cer"

Note, the path to the cacerts will be dependent on the Java Virtual machine running Eclipse. Please review the original post on determining which JVM is driving Eclipse.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mmorris

Post by mmorris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am

Thank you. Worked fine with your help.

I'm in.

I kind of figured that the brackets were placeholders, but the error messages (Java, not-Java) were not elucidating. In retrospect, I should have guessed that keytool.exe was not being found. But, I couldn't figure out why 'java -version' worked, but the bin files weren't getting accessed.

While more coffee on my end might have done the trick, your help was pinpoint accurate.

Fun new world now of Eclipse-Vault interaction. We'll be moving to 10.0 Standard 9/21/17, but expect no issues on the interface. I already have Eclipse Oxygen installed for the 10.0 Standard, and will install the http://download.sourcegear.com/Vault/latest/update at that time.

FYI, as the major stumbling block was adding including ' http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10526', perhaps it would be worth adding a link to that in
'http://sourcegear.com/vault/download-pl ... st_eclipse'

Thank you so much for your extensive help. You went far beyond the bounds of what was absolutely necessary in order to help us out. I bow in your general direction.

Sincerely,
Michael M.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 am

No problem. We're glad you've found a solution, and you're up and running with the Eclipse plug-in

Also, Thank you for using Vault.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear