Migrate and Upgrade V4.0 -> V6.0 Login Issue

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vmgbritt

Migrate and Upgrade V4.0 -> V6.0 Login Issue

Post by vmgbritt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:32 am

Hi,

Have spent 2 days trying to upgrade and migrate.

Existing host is a win server 2003 x64 machine running sql 2005 with vault version 4.1.4. I backed up the databases and successfully upgraded to 5.1 on this machine. My attempt to go to 6.0.1 were unsuccessful - issues with x64 vs x86 IIS and I could not get the site to properly render using ASP .NET 4.0. I managed to navigate the ASP.NET issue but then returned "service not available". After more attempts I show the sites and services all on but still returning a 404 page cannot be found.

As my objective is to migrate and upgrade on a more modern machine, I decided to take a different path:
New host is a Win 7 x64 machine running IIS8express. I installed SQL Express 2012 and restored the SGVAULT and SGMASTER databases successfully.

I then installed Vault 6.0.1 x64. I used the Machine IIS Process user and windows domain administrator credentials to connect to the .\SQLEXPRESS instance.

The install identifies the restored databases and the install log completes successfully. [Log Attached]

The Vault Admin login web page appears and I input admin and the password I entered during install but access is denied.

Hopefully this is a simple IIS setting that you can advise on.

My hope is to get this up to the current version and not let years go by without doing the upgrade.
Attachments
vault_install.txt
Installation Log
(23 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

Beth

Re: Migrate and Upgrade V4.0 -> V6.0 Login Issue

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 am

Check out this KB article: viewtopic.php?t=510. Try the suggestion there and let me know your results.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

vmgbritt

Post by vmgbritt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Beth,

Thanks for the response. This worked on the old Win 2003 machine and is successfully running 6.1 now.

I still have the issue on the "new" Win 7 machine that it won't authenticate me with the admin and password I set just returns "Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid"

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

On the Windows 7 machine, did you restore the sgmaster database? If the sgmaster database isn't restored with sgvault, then there are no logins.

When you set the admin password, are you using any special characters? I would suggest avoiding '<'.

If you did restore sgmaster already, then uninstall Vault, but choose the option to keep the databases. Then install Vault again and allow it to pick up the databases.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support