Client CAL Packs

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gaffa

Client CAL Packs

Post by gaffa » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:10 pm

Would SourceGear consider selling Vault CAL's in blocks of five or ten at some sort of discount? It just seems like it's one thing missing from the product line.

- gaffa

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:08 pm

We currently don't have what you're asking for in our online store, but we're considering it.

Right now, for larger purchase, volume discounts are available by talking to us directly.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

Chris Ormerod

How large is "large"?

Post by Chris Ormerod » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:46 pm

Eric,

We are currently in the stage of getting a final review case to purchase the program, but we will be buying about 10 initially and it kind of freaked out the purchasing dept. when we said the first 5 are only $500 but each one after that is $400 - So hopefully large doesn't mean >50 or >500 or even >1000?

At least the Aussie dollar is picking up which will bring the price down a little bit.

Chris Ormerod.

ericsink

Why is the sixth license so expensive?

Post by ericsink » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:29 am

I recently wrote a knowledge base article attempting to explain our perspective on why Vault is priced the way it is. I hope this is helpful:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=30
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

Chris Ormerod

Thanks

Post by Chris Ormerod » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:33 pm

Thanks for that KB article Eric, it helps explain the situation. I must say that it isn't so much the cost, more the perceived cost as you pointed out in the article. I understood that the basic licence cost is $399, but as you say having a 5 pack for $599 kinda causes confusion. I suppose most customers (like myself) are used to cost structures such as "1 licence = $X, 10 licence=$X-$Y" etc. and Vault is the first product priced in the other order.

I must also say thankyou for the personal touch in the support I received via email last week from yourself and Mary Jo Skrobul (although Im sure you give that level of support to everybody so you wouldn't remember me :D )

Chris.