Merge Branches and renegade files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Liam

Merge Branches and renegade files

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:31 am

Hi,

Using Vault V10.0.0, I've been having some issues with merging branches. When merging changes that affect several files, sometimes one or two of those files in the target folder will just be edited and will become "renegade", instead of being checked out. They then obviously don't appear in the "Pending changes" in Visual Studio. If I am not aware that this has happened, those files don't get checked in when they should and I can get in a right mess when doing subsequent merges that affect the same file.

Is this a known issue, or do you have any suggestions on how I can prevent this happening...? I just merged about a dozen small changes today (anywhere between 1 and 8 files were changed each time) and I must have encountered this about 4 or 5 times overall. It always affected one of the same two files (although admittedly these were the files containing most changes).

Any suggestions would be welcome...!

Thanks

Liam

Beth

Re: Merge Branches and renegade files

Post by Beth » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm not sure I understand the steps fully here. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread so that I could take a closer look?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support