jclausius wrote:For anyone that has encountered a problem, a couple of questions so I may forward them to Microsoft's Visual Studio team:
1) What version and edition of Visual Studio or SSDT did this happen on? (Help... About information)
We are running various 15.8.X versions (between 15.8.2 and 15.8.5)
2) Approximately, when did this start happening?
We realized on September 10, 2018 that this issue was impacting multiple users. A few individuals might have experienced the issue a few days earlier, but we don't have an official record of any reports prior to the 10th.
3) If you have multiple users, did this occur on all machines?
4) What version of the Vault for Visual Studio 2017 Extension was originally installed? For example, did you start with Vault 10.0.0, 10.0.1 or 10.0.2?
All users are running Vault 10.0.1, both server and client.
5) How did you download / install the extension? Did you download the .vsix file from the SourceGear Vault's download page? Did you use the "Tools and Extensions" utility from within Visual Studio?
We have Vault_VisualStudioExtension_10.0.1.793.vsix on a network share, downloaded from your web site.
6) If you downloaded the .vsix file from SourceGear, how did you install it? Did you just double click the .vsix file? Did you install it using VSIXInstaller.exe from an elevated command prompt?
All users double-click the Vault_VisualStudioExtension_10.0.1.793.vsix file to install the extension. The .vsix file was run as a normal user.
7) If you installed the Vault extension from within Visual Studio, was Visual Studio running under elevated Administrative privileges when the extension was installed?
We did not install the extension from within VS.
8 ) When the Vault Extension disappeared, how was Visual Studio last run? Under the normal user or under elevated Administrative privileges?
All of our VS executables are configured to run as Administrator. So every session of VS on every machine is running with Administrative privileges.