VaultClientAPI and .NET Core

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

SlyW

VaultClientAPI and .NET Core

Post by SlyW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 pm

The lack of support for System.Web in .NET core seems to preclude use of the VaultClientAPI in .NET core projects.

Any chance there is a roadmap where .NET core is supported by the VaultClientAPI?

jclausius

Re: VaultClientAPI and .NET Core

Post by jclausius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:12 am

We've had some preliminary internal conversations about porting, but nothing concrete yet. We were sort of looking at the entire picture (meaning - the Vault GUI libraries) and waiting until some of the fallout of the port of Windows.Forms to .NET Core settles down and see what is what when that happens.

I'm sorry it's not much to go on at the writing of this post, but I'll raise your questions/concerns and work them into the discussions.

Thanks for the question.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

SlyW

Post by SlyW » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Thank you, Jeff.

Any conversations about changing the server API architecture to support options other than XML-based SOAP endpoints?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:53 pm

I can tell you we had not talked to switching over to something like REST or a json variant. The problem with that kind of switch would be compatibility with previous versions of client and/or server. But it is still another facet we can add to our discussions.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear