64Bit library for MSSCCI-API

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PhilS

64Bit library for MSSCCI-API

Post by PhilS » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:49 am

Hi!

As far as I can see, there is no Vault client library to use the MSSCCI-API from 64Bit applications.
Is this something that is planned for a future release?

We are an ISV for an SCC-Add-In for Microsoft Access and we see an increasing shift towards 64Bit installations. We also use Sourcegear Vault internally and our consulting clients begin to request 64bit solutions. Lack of a 64Bit Vault library for the MSSCCI-API is going to be a significant problem for us and our customers very soon.

Best regards,
Philipp

jclausius

Re: 64Bit library for MSSCCI-API

Post by jclausius » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:40 am

This is the first request we've had regarding a 64-bit implementation of the Vault Classic Client. I've recorded the information you've posted here to investigate.

At this time, it probably won't get answered until after the new year. I wish it was simple as a recompilation, and off it goes. Since the dll entry point must host the .NET Runtime within the process (so it can use the normal Vault libraries), there may be complications in the current code for loading / hosting the 64-bit CLR instead of the 32-bit version. Some time will be needed to see what's what.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:37 am

Thank you, Jeff. This is not urgent for us right now. Take your time to investigate.

I'm fairly certain that 64Bit will become a requirement for our consulting work within the next year.
Also I'm aware of customers of our add-in, who are taking 64Bit MSSCCI support into consideration when evaluating which SCC system to use for their development process.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 am

You're welcome. I'll update the post once there is more info.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi Guys!
I would like to ping this topic.
We received a couple more inquiries of customers of our Ivercy SCC-Add-In who consider to use it with 64Bit Access and Sourcegear Vault.
Also, one of our main consulting clients would like to move his project to Access 64Bit by the end of this year.

So, this topic is getting more momentum on our end. It would be great to get some input from you on this.

Best regards,
Philipp

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon May 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for checking back in.

Your request was logged and is scheduled to be implemented in Vault 11. We are currently working on the Vault 11 release but we don't have a tentative release date yet available. For future purposes, you can reference ticket: 20078.

Thanks,

Tonya

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Tue May 12, 2020 4:34 am

Tonya, thank you for the update. That is good news.
Best regards,
Philipp

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:55 am

A quick ping for this topic, to indicate it's ongoing relevance.:
This month we had two new prospects who would have liked to use Sourcegear Vault and Ivercy to manage their Microsoft Access software development projects. Unfortunately, they are both using 64bit Access and therefor cannot use Vault for now.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:14 am

Hello again,

Thank you for checking back in. I don't have much of an update I can provide other than this feature has been logged for Vault 11. We are currently working on this release but I don't have an official release date as of yet. We will update our website and send out emails to all of our customers once it's available.

Tonya

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 am

Tonya, thank you for the quick reply.
Just an idea for consideration: As the MSSCCI-API is static and also the Vault interface talking to MSSCCI will probably not change for the next major Vault release, it could be possible to release a 64bit build of the VaultIDE.dll independently of the Vault 11 with only minimal additional effort.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I will pass this along to our Dev team for consideration.

Thanks,

Tonya

drb

Post by drb » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 pm

What is the status of the 64bit library?
We have a substantial Visual Studio Extension using MSSCCI to access SGV 10.
We are in the process of moving the extension to VS 2022.
Is there a 64-bit version of the MSSCCI library? If not, what are our options for accessing SGV 10 from a 64-bit extension?
Thanks, David

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:36 am

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your concerns. As of right now, Vault 11 has been delayed but we may incorporate the 64-bit library into a Vault 10.x build.

You indicated that you have a substantial Visual Studio Extension using MSSCCI. Would you mind to elaborate on the number of users? I was unable to locate your record in our customer service portal. Not sure if your Vault license keys were purchased under a different domain?

Thanks,

Tonya

drb

Post by drb » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:47 am

Tonya,
I am a long-time consultant to Order Processing Technologies in Massachusetts.
I also have a bNimble.com email address and our SGV licenses should be listed under that domain.
If you contact me, I can give you that email address and you can change it the support portal if you prefer.

The number of individual users for bNimble application modeler using SGV is under under 10. All of these users are internal.
There are external users using Team Foundation, but not via MSSCCI.
We also have support for GIT.

We like SGV and have recommended it to others. But we have to go to VS 2022 and would like to continue with SGV.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Hello again,

Thank you for the details. I was able to locate your record with the new domain you provided me with. As noted above, Vault 11 has been delayed but we may be able to provide a special build for Vault 10.x that contains the 64-bit support. I will update this thread as things move along.

Tonya