Unable to check in files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

HKroll

Unable to check in files

Post by HKroll » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 am

Hi,
One of our team members can no longer check in her files. When she tries, Vault freezes and she has to use the task manager to shut it down. Any idea what's going on?

We use Windows 10 and Vault 9.1. We're technical writers, so we mostly use FrameMaker files. She can check out files and undo her checkouts without issue.
Thanks!

Tonya

Re: Unable to check in files

Post by Tonya » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Hello,

Can other user's successfully checkin files? Are the files she's attempting to checkin large in size?

Can you have the end user perform a random checkin test with a different file? Is the outcome any different?

Thanks,

Tonya

HKroll

Post by HKroll » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:27 am

Hi Tonya,
Other users are not having issues with check in. Her files are not unusually large. The random check-in test did not produce a different outcome.

Apologies for the delay - I forgot to set up notifications and missed your reply.
Thanks!

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello again,

Can you please send us your Vault Server log? The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine. Email it to support@sourcegear.com and reference this forum post.

Thanks,

Tonya

HKroll

Post by HKroll » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:06 am

Hi Tonya,
The issue seems to have resolved itself - our writer was able to check in her files yesterday! However, I will send the server log anyways, just in case it sheds any light on what was happening.
Thanks!

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:47 am

Hello again,

Thank you for the update. I will look further in the log to see if I can locate the problem.

Tonya